Human Resources at Sterlite Power
Views:369 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Lead - Colocation - Telecom (4-7 yrs)
This role holder plays a critical role in the operations & maintenance of MTCIL Critical link between Kalwa-Nagpur, a 1000 km stretch which has 16 colo's and is now the primary route for its 12 customers who have attained the reliability of 100% uptime from past 1 Year. 24X7 monitoring with MTTR of 4 hours in case of any fault occurred. Monthly billing to our Customers on Power and Fuel and Vendor Management to meet 100% uptime is the most crucial part of the job.
1. Survey with Customer to earmarked Rack Space at Colo.
2. Customer Readiness at Colo to LIT up customer equipment.
3. Load Measurement of old Customer equipment on Quarterly basis and 1st time for new customer and getting HOTO sign-off to raise Invoice.
4. Monthly electricity bill data readiness of 18 colo's.
5. Resolve Customer queries in case any data not accepted by customer while clearing invoices raised by MTCIL.
MSECTL/MEDCL Concerns :
1. Raising high bills concern with Local discom bodies and chasing till resolution is met.
2. Monthly meet with MSETCL/MSEDCL substation ppl to gather information of upcoming maintenance work which can affect EB supply to Colo.
3. Providing with reasons and solution in case discom has planned to resolve high EB Charges in form of arrears for next 3-4 months
Vendor Management :
1. Vendor management of Colo Pratap Technocrat.
2. Closely monitoring there activity on WhatsApp grp and raise concern to higher management in case of any concern.
3. Monthly Preventive maintenance checks with vendor and close monitoring.
4. Spare Stock Management of vendor to meet crisis.
5. Validation of Invoices sent by Vendor and raising credit note/penalty in case monthly commitments are not met.
6. Getting faulty material changed from equipment manufacturer for under warranty cases FOC.
7. Setup O&M meet with vendor on monthly basis to close down issues which are not been undertaken.
Opex Saving Initiatives :
1. Opex Saving models to help reduce electricity bills by below mentioned methods
i. Bypassing Transformer of power plant which helps reduce EB bills by 30%
ii. Introducing GPRS relay system in Power plant to Switch On-Off Aircon remotely
iii. Getting Load correction on EB Bills with discom to reduce discharge charges.
Preventive Maintenance :
2. DG/Power Plant/Aircon Maintenance scheduling with equipment manufacturer & Battery Discharge Test to check health of Batteries and get same changed in case of found faulty.
3. Earth resistance checks with Megger and check health of the pits made for earthing of equipment's.
4. 24X7 Fault resolution of local problems such as
i. 4 Hrs TAT Mains Power resolution with discomm
ii. High Temp issue in Colo
iii. Permission to Customer access for troubleshooting at Colo
iv. Arranging Genset in case power restoration has crossed 8 hrs TAT.
v. Handling vendor manpower to resolve issues at colo.
Remote Monitoring System (RMS) :
1. 24X7 monitoring of Colo on Invendis provided Software remotely.
2. Raising issues to Invendis NOC Team for cases where iSense is Not able to report colo alarms.
3. Sim recharges for isense remote monitoring system.
EDUCATION : Preferred BE or Diploma in any discipline
EXPERIENCE : 4-7 years of experience with a large and reputed corporate entity, preferably TELECOM Sector.