Sr. Recruitment Consultant at Aarch Consulting
Views:1050 Applications:210 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:142
Lead Design Engineer - NPD Mechanical Division - Medical Devices (8-14 yrs)
Division : NPD Mechanical
About the role :
- The candidate needs to be a self-motivated individual skilled in leading Design and development phase of medical device product development and product lifecycle management.
- Strong technical background in medical device (Class II & III).
- Lead a team of design & development engineers to develop and deliver product design, process development, verification and validation as per defined CTQ's.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in developing 3D CAD modeling, 2D Drafting, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, Tolerance Stack Up Analysis, Basic Engineering Calculations and Value Engineering.
- The candidate may also be required to participate in concept development and evaluation.
- The individual should be a team player who is willing to collaborate and work in cross functional teams across geographies and cultures.
- Should be comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure.
Your responsibilities will include :
- Work with functional management & PM to identify required skill sets required for project execution.
- Work through team to complete project deliverables (Concept / technology development DHF deliverables).
- Identify project risk mitigation plans / strategies.
- Implement QBD (Quality by design) best practices within the team deliverables.
- Owns overall experimental plan, reviews individual experimental plans and owns outcome of analysis.
- Internal and external stakeholder communication on key technical updates and issues.
- Leads technical team (with PM) to develop and execute to overall project & technical plan.
- Reviews (with sub-teams) & approves individual experimental plans, data & conclusions.
- Ensures good team communication through holding technical meetings & other forums.
- Identifying key technical risks, seeking out the best advice (internally and externally) regarding these risks and developing the required risk mitigation strategy.
- Partner with the PM in all project planning activities regarding technical deliverables.
- Ensures functional models and engineering 1st principles are laid out to determine knowledge gaps and selection of appropriate test methods.
- Lead team (with PM) through preparation for design reviews design concept, supporting data, documentation completion.
- Lead design reviews.
- Utilizes / implements technical capabilities to meet project needs.
What we're looking for in you :
- BE/B.tech degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8+ years of R&D / NPD experiences in medical devices (Candidates with exceptional skill sets with experience in alternative high precision industries like automotive, aeronautics may be considered).
- Value Engineering, Creative Thinking, Design to Value solution development experience.
- Knowledge in medical grade material sciences and processing - Metals, Polymers, plastics
- Proficient in CAD Design, GD&T, Tolerance stack-ups
- Should have knowledge of quality system & processes that needs to be applied for product development (Preferably worked for an ISO certified organization)
- Project Management with proficiency in MS project or similar tools.
- Excellent Communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with proficiency in English (verbal and written).
- A positive attitude, innovative and creative thinker.
- Responsible risk taking and risk management.
- Experience in working with global and virtual team and working in a cross-cultural environment.