Director at Augusta Infotech
Views:233 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Lead Design Engineer - Research & Development - Packaging (7-12 yrs)
Hiring, Lead R&D Packaging Design Engineer
Mandatory Skills :
- Any Engineering Degree
- Packaging experience
- 8-12yrs of industry experience
- IC role
Must be from Pharma/Medical devices
- Close communication and liaison with Project Teams to take ownership for parallel development of all levels of device packaging including Backing Cards, Blister Trays, Tyvek Pouches, Unit Cartons, Shipper Cartons, and associated artwork.
- Compilation of the packaging Design Input Requirements.
- Compilation of Feasibility, Design Freeze & Design Verification / Validation Protocols & Reports for packaging design testing.
- Leading the testing activities of all levels of packaging to demonstrate compliance with the Design Input Requirements and relevant International Standards.
- Lead the Package design activity for all NPI, set up processes and best practices for Packaging.
- Develop and lead a Packaging Development Roadmap within the Device Engineering group to ensure a consistent approach across projects and sites.
- Support Device Manufacturing on various projects in terms of Package System Design / Implementation.
- Training colleagues and peers on packaging design/standards and key principles.
- Interface with Quality Assurance and Regulatory departments to provide packaging input to product submissions.
- Validation, appraisal, and support of packaging suppliers.
Education/ knowledge :
- Degree in Engineering / Packaging Technology or equivalent.
- The Individual must have at least 7 years of experience within a packaging design or process environment in a regulated environment such as Pharma / Medical Devices.
Critical Experience :
- Proven track record in packaging and print material design and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of relevant packaging International Standards & excellent attention to detail required
- NPI Experience in Packaging developing new product solutions, following best practices.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to CAD tools like SolidWorks
- Can-do attitude, resourceful, action-oriented, and drive for results.
- Good problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate others to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Can work on their own and as part of a team.