Lead - Design Transfer - Mechanical/Electromechanical (12-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- The person in this role will lead the design transfer activities for new and existing infusion system product portfolio.
- The successful candidate will possess strong technical capabilities, an excitement and energy for design transfer development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on saving and sustaining the lives of patients.
- The candidate should resolve difficult problems focused on manufacturing and service.
- Educating and mentoring the engineers in interfacing with and transferring designs to manufacturing and service.
- Develop product control specifications and system configurations/bill of materials.
- Contributing to manufacturing work instructions and build protocols, preventive maintenance procedures and service procedures.
- Ensure appropriate traceability between system, subsystem, verification/validation and cross functional deliverables
- A graduate or a post graduate in Mechanical Engineering and 12 to 15 years related experience. Prior experience in the medical device domain is a plus.
- Should have good experience in working with contract manufacturers in developing Electro-Mechanical products.
- Resolve competing constraints between interrelated functions R&D, Manufacturing (Contract Manufacturers) and Service
- Familiarity with medical devices standards, manufacturing process development, and process validation preferred
- Familiarity with DOORs, HP ALM, Teamcenter, JIRA
- Must possess strong engineering knowledge and experience in disciplines and design principles in electromechanical devices, preferably Medical Devices or other regulated industry.
- Should own the product BOM & should have good knowledge on product configuration management.
- Should have owned in the past proto & verification builds.
- Should have worked on should costing for BOM & related tools.
- Requires strong organization and polished communication skills, with the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel throughout the organization.
- Hands-on experience in product development for at least 3 years in career.
- Good exposure to Solidworks & Solidworks ePDM.
- Additional qualification on supply chain management is desirable.