Lead - Import/Procurement (8-15 yrs)
Theme of the Role : This role is to make effective procurement of imports for various categories of the company
The incumbent will therefore : Act as a key contributor in importing raw materials for companies products.
Key Deliverables :
- Lead the strategic sourcing process, including identify needs, conduct pre-project planning, define projects, collect internal and external data, perform strategic analysis and identify opportunities, formulate procurement strategies and develop implementation plans for all raw material that need to be imported
- Identify international/local suppliers for assigned raw materials, reference check / screen, evaluate quality, price seasonality and propose the action plan with all the deliverables, terms and conditions clearly defined.
- Establish strong working relationships with key vendors and ensure compliance to the standards
- Independently handle the assigned categories, identify leads, negotiate, order and monitor the execution of orders.
- Investigates and corrects supply problems to minimize impact on production, and reviews the economies of all purchases in order to reduce costs and improve quality and delivery times
- Informs and advises the business on supply markets, trends, opportunities and threats through key market intelligence and forward looking reports
- Development of new markets
Must have :
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Proven negotiation skills, influencing abilities
- Good networking skills to understand the trends in market related to packaging
- Good knowledge on International markets
- Team player
Critical personality attributes : Self motivated with an ability to work under less supervision and empowered environment