Lead - Materials Engineering - Textile (4-6 yrs)
Job location : Bengaluru
Experience : 5-6 years
Role : Materials Engineering - Lead Engineer
Primary Responsibilities :
- Should have strong technical expertise and familiar with textile engineering.
- Knowledge on various textile materials (Structural Mechanics of Yarns and Fibers, synthetic fibers, Characterization techniques.
- Fiber properties, Woven Fabric Structure, Technology of Manufactured Fiber Production (various forming techniques), yarn Spinning, woven fabric), advanced manufacturing processes (Mechanics of Textile Machinery), engineering standards/specifications (DO-160, AMS, NADCAP, Boeing, Airbus, MIL, ASTM etc.),
- Develop technical specifications required for established textile engineering products.
- Shall have experience on R&D level of fabric weaving and lamination/ coating process.
- Expertise in process development and technology transfer from lab to plant scale
Participate in development of scale up, qualifying the process per testing plan and procedure, data analysis, and communicating the results.
- Support both short and long term projects and provide timely communications on significant issues or developments by delivering effective presentations, reports and publications to stakeholders & leadership team.
- In addition to the above, experience with technical paper publications and intellectual property (IP) creation is highly desirable.
- Investigate fabric/ processes related issues and identifying root cause and recommend countermeasures.
- Support fabric composite materials and processes related qualification activities
- Documentation (Compliance matrix, Qualification Test Plans/Reports, Test procedures etc.), sample preparation, testing, consolidating test results and making Inferences.
- Development and work with fabric suppliers to identify and address the requirements related to fabric materials and processes.