Lead/Principal - Civil & Structural Design (15-25 yrs)
- We are in need of a lead / principal/Chief structural & civil design engineer.
- He will lead the design and execution process for various projects that the company executes.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following :
- Civil/Structural engineering calculations.
- Civil/Structural engineering plans, design, and layout.
- Civil/Structural project specifications.
- Civil/Structural engineering portion of project proposals.
- Civil/Structural engineering portion of project cost estimates.
Job Responsibilities :
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Design structural components for large-scale projects, including analyzing survey reports, topographical maps, zoning restrictions and client requirements to ensure specifications meet project goals
- Review blueprints, plans and change orders to verify structural integrity of materials and designs, and perform complex calculations and use modeling methods to ensure correct results
- Participate in initial planning and bidding processes, including reviewing environmental factors, government regulations, constructions costs and risk analysis reports to prepare comprehensive study on all relevant design factors
- Assume the lead engineer's role on assigned projects.
- May serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on smaller, less complex projects.
- Research existing and new material technology to determine practical applications, strength and durability expectations and cost-benefits information, and prepare material recommendations for current and future projects.
- Develop probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
- Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters.
- Research design options and document findings for project lead engineer.
- Create and present structural overviews for upcoming projects, and develop reports that include technical details for engineers as well as big-picture analysis and cost estimates for project managers and senior executives
- Use AutoCAD and other drafting software programs to create 2D design documents and 3D models for individual components and overall structural plans according to client needs and project requirements for deliverables
- Prepare documentation for private and government clients covering project plans and progress, change orders, environmental impact findings, ownership transfers and other relevant information
- Review shop drawings.
- May direct and supervise other Designers/Drafters activities.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Handle routine contract administration.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
- Attend and participate in Client meetings.
- Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents.
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing projects in a fast paced environment.
Job Skills & Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in civil or structural engineering with 15~20 years of industrial civil and structural design experience involving equipment and machinery.
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Decisive with excellent critical thinking skills
- Good written and verbal communication abilities, including preparing and giving presentations
- Professional Engineer license
- Master's degree in engineering
About the company : A leading multi-disciplined Design Engineering Consultancy, Construction and Turnkey Solution firm. Our area of work covers Engineering with Indian or International Standards & Codes, Drawings and Documentation, Contract management, Procurement assistance (or supply in turnkey solutions), Construction, Site management, Project Time Schedules, Commissioning & Start-Up, As-Built preparation, Safety & Quality Plans.