Managing Partner at Workforce Wisdom
Views:229 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Lead/Principal Drilling Engineer - Oil & Gas (10-15 yrs)
Cairn India urgently needs a Principal Drilling Engineer for its Barmer, Rajasthan Operations.
Please refer the Roles and Responsibilities and HIT apply in case you match the requirement.
This staff position, in the Drilling group, will report to the General Manager of Drilling. Your primary responsibility will be well construction (both offshore and onshore), maintenance and abandonment operations, in compliance with the Cairn India Well Construction and Operations Minimum Standards Policy.
The Lead/Principal Drilling Engineer will be responsible for :
- Ensuring that the Drilling team direct reports maintains and works to the Cairn India Well Construction and Operations Minimum Standards Policy and the HSE Management system and deliver superior operational performance.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to HSE policy.
- Managing the performance and development of direct reports so that they are motivated and utilized to their full potential.
- Duties will include managing, monitoring & following up the daily drilling operation and anticipating drilling problems.
- Carry out technical evaluations for procurement of equipment & services necessary for operations.
- Mentoring entry level and mid-level engineers.
- Supporting other Asset projects where Well data, technical calculations, time and cost estimates are required.
- Work as onsite Night Drilling supervisor, whenever required.
- Ensure that the well construction design is technically fit for purpose and cost effective.
- Writing/review of time estimates, drilling Programmes and montages.
- Production/review of Non Conformance Reports/Lessons Learned/end of well reports.
- Review of new technology and the communication of information relevant to operations
- Preparation of HSE notifications and input into other Governmental requirements
- Preparation of load out lists & tracking tangibles & equipment.
- Preparation/review of casing designs/drill string designs/hydraulics designs, torque and drag models, casing wear models.
- Oversee cost tracking and cost forecasting.
- Organizing and leading Peer Reviews for well designs.
- Ensuring that the required contracts are in place and long lead equipment is available when required.
- Ensuring programs are executed as planned unless a formal change control process has been correctly implemented
- Providing consultation on equipment behavior and offering solutions.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS :
- A degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- 10 -15 years well engineering/operations experience
- Proven commercial awareness
- A natural drive for performance improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Offshore and well as land Drilling Experience.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS :
- Proven staff management skills
- Remote operation management experience
- Drilling Supervisor Experience.
- International experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.