HR.executive at Sourceone staffing and solution
Views:185 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Lead/Principal - Petrophysicist - Mining Firm (8-15 yrs)
Company Name : Vedanta - Cairn
Job Role Title : Lead / Principal Petrophysicist
Work From(Office/Home/Hybrid) : Office
Location ; Barmer
Experience : 8-15 Years
Budget : 25-45 Lakh
Notice Period60 days
Job Summary :
- Requirement of Petrophysicist who has experience with reservoir characterization and understands the key uncertainties with respect to exploration and appraisal planning.
- As a Petrophysicist in an exploration & production asset, you will have experience in acquiring, QC and analysing data from all available sources, including drilling operations, wireline logs, cores, seismic and specialized studies/research to produce integrated models of wells in the subsurface.
- Additionally, the candidate must have also significant expertise in the design, collection and interpretation of core-based rock property data, and integration of this with logging data and reservoir models.
- The Petrophysicist is also one of the key hands-on interfacing between the G&G and reservoir engineering data.
- He/she must understand all common logging techniques and be able to evaluate them:
- Formation Evaluation, Pressure, Formation Imaging, Cement and Casing evaluation.
Key Accountabilities :
- Provide discipline specific quality assurance to peer reviews to allow sound technical evaluation of E&P projects
- Provide petrophysical support to business development projects & data room visits to allow sound technical evaluation of E&P projects
- Plan, supervise, and coordinate evaluation and analysis of petrophysical data necessary for Geologist, Geophysicist and Reservoir in order to predict the presence of hydrocarbons in wells for calculations of oil and gas reserves and for reservoir studies.
- Contribute to preparation of technical workflows
- Identifies, designs and implements field studies, which will facilitate future field development.
- Interfaces with technical management to identify, develop and implement joint technical initiatives.
- Participates in well planning and assists with development of pre-drill documentation packages (i.e. designs and provides logging program, identifies potential logging hazards, etc.).
- Performs quick look formation evaluation methods in support of real-time decision making and provides input for selection of perforation and testing intervals.
- Provides operational and technical support for openhole and casedhole logging operations including acquisition planning, QC, and analysis of all logs acquired.
- Makes recommendations regarding Routine (RCA) and Special Core Analysis (SCAL) work to be done for measurement of petrophysical parameters. Designs and supervises core analysis lab measurements in collaboration with other concerned staff.
- Develops scope of work for tendering of petrophysical services and analyses tenders.
- Monitors petrophysical contractors and administers contractors Quality Assurance Plan.
- Coach and mentor technical and junior staff
- Document all technical work performed in the relevant systems
- Maintains and ensures accuracy and completeness of petrophysical databases/ catalogues (digital copy).
2. PERSON SPECIFICATION
Knowledge, Languages, Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum BSc education in Geoscience, RE, MSc or PhD would be an advantage.
- Minimum 8 - 15 years of experience primarily in petrophysics along with broad technical experience in geology or engineering in exploration and/or development projects.
- Very good understanding of logging tools, core preservation and core data collection, analysis and interpretation of log data, and its integration with petrophysical suites.
- Strong current workstation skills, including working with modern log interpretation software applications preferably IP or Geology.
- Capability of multitasking, able to work under time pressure
- Good communicator and presenter.
- You should enjoy working in an open and flexible environment where your input will rapidly impact decision making at all levels.
Development Opportunities :
Cairn India has both technical and managerial career development ladders
- The candidate can remain technical and progress into Advisor/Expert roles with increased technical authority and responsibilities
- On the technical ladder there will be additional opportunities to move into more specialist geoscience engineering roles.
- On the management ladder, as business opportunities arise, team leader or function leadership roles may be appropriate.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.