Lead - Production (2-5 yrs)
JOB OBJECTIVE :
The Production Lead will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. You'll develop processes that will ensure all production orders are completed in a timely manner. You should also be able to enforce compliance with health and safety regulations to prevent accidents and injuries.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Developing and implementing innovative strategies to streamline factory operations.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction
- Screening, recruiting, and training new factory workers.
- Collaborating with quality control managers to establish and execute quality control processes.
- Ensuring that factory machinery is in good working order.
- Analyzing production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Preparing production reports and submitting them to key decision-makers.
- Regularly inspecting finished products to determine whether they meet established quality standards.
- Motivating factory workers to continually achieve factory targets
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Proven work experience as a Plant Manager/Production Lead
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills