Lead - Red Mud Utilization & Innovation (8-12 yrs)
Position Title Lead - Red Mud Utilization and Innovation
Grade / Level - M4/M5
Division / Department - Refinery Production
Location - Lanjigarh
- Analyze and benchmark global scenario on bauxite residue utilization and Innovation projects
- Prioritize and implement ideas from benchmarking for Vedanta Limited lanjigarh refinery.
- Establish communication with cement industries for red mud sale.
- Engage in negotiations and establish long term orders for a sustainable red mud disposal.
- Conduct trials and research on red mud to identify various utilization avenues.
- Liaison with government agencies for approvals for utilization of red mud in roads, construction, etc.
- Liaison with railways and other government bodies to reduce red mud disposal cost.
- Prepare reports and proposals including cost and market analysis for red mud utilization in various avenues.
- Prepare SOPs and SMPs related to red mud handling and utilization.
- Train subordinated on red mud properties, utilization avenues and challenges of handling red mud.
- Conduct outreach programs and webinars to increase customer base for red mud utilization.
- Conduct trials and research on red mud to generate value from red mud as it has rare earths, Alumina and Iron oxide