Director at Ideal Consultants
Views:724 Applications:175 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Lean & EHS Coordinator - Waste Management (6-12 yrs)
Job Description :
- Responsible for championing and leading Lean initiatives at the Plant level by utilizing the company's WIN Strategy. Organizes associates in value stream mapping and continuous improvement initiatives to eliminate waste in all office, factory and support functions.
- Measures and reports progress on an on-going basis using the Lean Journey Assessment, financial performance measures and Lean Report Card measures. Transfers ownership of lean principles to facility leadership. Coordinate all aspects of facility goals and objectives in Environment, Health and Safety.
- Coordinate initiatives at the plant and train associates how to continually eliminate waste.
- Ensures that steering committees and teams are established at the location and are implementing the Lean principles, techniques, and methodologies according to Corporate requirements
- Makes implementation and results a top priority and regularly updates the Plants Lean implementation plan. Empowers every employee in the Plant through positive reinforcement of Lean
- Provides high level of technical and operational recommendations in meeting material control, product quality and customer service goals
Develop and support programs and procedures to meet facility objectives and targets in EHS. Key focus points include :
1) Accident Prevention
2) EHS Regulatory Compliance
3) Energy management and use reduction
4) Waste Minimization
5) Management Systems (as required)
6) Coordinate all EHS training.
- Support and manage corrective actions from Corporate EHS audits.
- On site contact for Corporate EHS Department and under Corporate direction manage EPA actions such as, but not limited to, NOVs, cleanups and complaints.
- On site contact for Corporate EHS Department and under their direction manage OSHA actions such as, but not limited to, inspections, letters of noncompliance and informal conferences
- Support and integrate EHS into Lean, HR, and Supply Chain efforts
- Any Degree/Diploma in Mechanical engineering with 8-10 Years experience
- Ability to articulate the desired state, purpose and value of lean and constantly moving in the direction of waste elimination.
- Understanding of financial measurements and goals and has good analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills to lead and support empowered employees in a team environment.
- Good presentation skills to effectively share the success and ideas of the Division.
Interviews are in progress.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.