Associate Consultant at Careernet
Views:489 Applications:113 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Logistics Analyst - Freight/Transport Management (3-5 yrs)
The selected candidate will work as the TMS control tower representative, acting as an extension of the regional logistics team. The Logistics Analyst will be the point of contact for stakeholders managing freight globally, by providing operational support, as well as managing the Transportation Management System.
Primary Responsibilities :
1. Operations Support :
a. Routing guide management.
b. Ensure the booking of shipments for respective Logistics Service Providers (LSP).
c. Track & tracing and exception handling.
i. Ability to quickly react to unforeseen events and communicate with stakeholders as needed.
d. Follow SOPs (Standard Operations Procedures) with great attention to detail.
2. TMS Administration & Troubleshooting :
a. User management (user set up, onboarding and ongoing support)
b. Master data maintenance as needed.
c. TMS troubleshooting and communication between the user base and TMS vendor regarding system performance and outages.
d. Support standardization and documentation of processes (SOP creation) as needed
3. Analytics :
a. Report generation and analysis turning data into actionable insights (improving transportation provider selection, route optimization, identifying cost reduction opportunities, etc.)
b. Gain insight over carrier performance to evaluate trends and pursue advantageously alternatives
Mandatory skills :
- Experience in managing International logistics in all modes of transportation (especially AIR Freight)
- Experience in working with SAP & TMS tools (Transportation Management System)
- Troubleshoot & solve practical problems and work under pressure in ambiguous situations
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Previous experience in a customer service role in Logistics or call center is a plus