MD at Employers4Employees
Views:2051 Applications:433 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:225
Logistics Manager - Warehouse Operations/Transport Management (6-12 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Candidate shall be responsible for the overall supply chain management, organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
- Track and report regarding the consignments / documents in transit.
- Co-ordinating with different departments and updating them on the status of their consignment drop or pick up requests The goal is to manage the entire supply chain & order delivery cycles, to enhance cost effectiveness ensuring sustainability and customer satisfaction.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Report the status of the in-transit consignments to user / user dept., daily until consignment / document is delivered. - Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Check if the systems delivered by the transporter are in good condition. In case of deviations highlighting them and having the escalations made or booked in insurance across Pan India
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Ensure all necessary documents like invoice copy, declarations, transit pass, letter of ownership, GST Compliances etc., are prepared and handed over to the courier personal during dispatch or pick up across Pan India
- Follow all necessary insurance protocols for high value consignments either domestic or international and ensure that the such consignments are dispatched along with a policy document
- Prepare and submit documents, checklists post validation from sources (internet, records and user dept.) for customs clearance
- Accountable for clearance of consignments from customs coming via courier or cargo mode and export consignments
- Visit customs office at Mumbai, Mumbai Post, Delhi, JNPT or other locations as per business operational requirement
- Vendor management - Sourcing new vendors, on-boarding new vendors, negotiating, conducting monthly meetings with important vendors like FedEx, Blue Dart, DHL, Aramex and CHA's like SAP, ACE Logistics. Railway cargo agents and dealers
- Share daily tracking record reports, monthly reports and quarterly reports to COO/ Admin Manager. - Tracking Records with the highs and lows of consignment, cost reports (weekly / monthly), projections etc.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Follow up with vendors for timely materials delivery & timely product delivery at customer premises
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS :
The ideal candidate for this challenging position should possess :
- Must have minimum 8 years of experience in the fields of logistics, transportation & /or supply chain industry and Working knowledge of SAP, MIS is mandatory
- Has a strong connect with logistics supply partners and CHA's. Both for Domestic and International. (FedEx, DHL, Blue Dart, Aramex, UPS etc.)
- Profound to custom clearance at Mumbai and Delhi
- Should have visited International, Courier and Cargo Customs office, JNPT and should have sound knowledge about the clearance procedures and formalities
- Fluent with MS-Office, should have excellent hand on reports in excel
- Has a positive attitude, self-motivator, go getter and person with sound integrity and should be able to manage a team of two to three
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Competitive, flexible and resourceful professional with very good networking and communication skills. Open-minded, persuasive and able to deal with across levels in an organization
- Candidate should have strong business acumen and a real commitment to achieving goals & results
- Approachable and reachable at odd hours and weekends to support business operational requirements as and when required
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.