Manager - Human Resources at Lohono Stays
Views:789 Applications:106 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Lohono Stays - Head - Portfolio Development - Interior Designing (12-15 yrs)
About Lohono Stays :
Lohono Stays by Isprava has been created to craft contemporary, luxury vacations for discerning travelers which offers high-end luxury homestays across holiday destinations, in India and South-East Asia.
The company focuses on offering the most unique, local and curated hospitality experiences to its customers while they are on vacation by not only delivering a beautiful home in a stunning location but also managing the entire stay with the help of their well trained and widely connected teams.
We have over 250 homes in some of the best travel destinations in the world including Goa, Phuket, Koh Samui, Alibaug, Lonavala, Coonoor and Bali. Each stay offers beautiful homes in amazing locations, a warm and welcoming homestyle service along with a locally curated breakfast and a variety of meal options to choose from, giving you an array of experiences to bond and celebrate special occasions with your loved ones.
As a company, Lohono Stays has been invested in by Godrej family office and the Piramal family amongst others and has hosted various industrialists, celebrities and sports personalities in their homes.
About Isprava (A sister Company) :
Isprava is a leader in the luxury holiday home market in India specializing in serving a discerning clientele along two fronts :
I. Design, construction, furnishing, and management of sophisticated luxury homes that celebrate heritage alongside modernity and sustainability.
II. Lohono Stays is the Hospitality arm that specializes in Luxury Service, Refurbishment and Rental Management for luxury holiday homes curated from an exclusive list of home owners.
Location : Mumbai with regular travel to sites across India.
Purpose of the role :
- To renovate and refurbish to create maintenance-free beautiful residential interiors and spaces with industry best practices. Ensure world class quality and completion within prescribed timelines and budgets.
- This position will entail leading the in-house portfolio development team. It requires good experience in interior design development, technical review and site work, regular interaction internally with Home Acquisition team, Maintenance Operations team, and Procurement team and with potential homeowners externally.
In addition, it includes but not limited to being :
- Responsible for managing projects from inspection to handover within the established scope of work i.e., Civil, MEP, interiors, design, procurement, communication, schedule, and budget while meeting or surpassing standards of quality.
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time & should have experience in dealing diplomatically with tough vendors/clients
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Ensure timely, cost efficient delivery of the projects
- Provide on-site support for completion and execution of projects
- Responsible for motivating and managing site execution & portfolio development teams to complete the project within budget cost and timelines
- Cohesive with the execution team and the corporate office including Accounts, Purchase and other teams to ensure best practices
- Co-ordinate with vendors to ensure timely delivery of requirements
- Review daily reports and weekly presentations of projects assigned
- Developing designs according to a brief that are functional, appealing, cost effective and appropriate for the space.
- Should have conceptual and technical understanding on range of interiors design works which are important and essential for a quality execution of interiors.
- Researching and preparing plans, diagrams or sketches for interior construction, materials, finishes, lighting and finishing.
- Actively ensure best quality through cost and time saving measures at all levels for the design, procurement, and renovation/refurbishment/construction stages of the project.
- Quantify materials required as per Lohono standards BOM (Bill of Material) based on approved designs
- Inspecting and supervising the work, to ensure that quality, costs and deadlines are met.
- To set schedule for flow of requisite materials in consultation with purchase team and vendors to ensure timely completion of work.
- Backward integration of the value chain for interior related items such as furniture, lights, accessories etc.
- Assist in hiring, and managing the internal design management teams through coaching, goal setting, feedback, training, and review of performance for the design managers on a monthly basis.
- Assist team in timely closure and coordination of indents to the procurement teams and track delivery to site basis construction schedule.
- Actively seek new design, materials and construction methods.
- Executing final styling & fitments to enhance the look of a house
- Creating budgets for the team & budgets for execution
- Independently evaluate, select and apply best practices to be followed in-house.
People management skills :
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is collaborative and decisive
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills with a proven record of managing multi tasks and prioritization of workload
Presentation/coaching skills :
- Strong leadership, creativity and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, act with a sense of urgency, and interface with all levels of the organization
- Contribute positively to the organization, both individually and as part of a team.
Core Competencies :
- High energy, go-getter, and proactive with high levels of creativity, imagination and vision
- Excellent design skills & problem-solving ability
- Should be able to work independently, take end-to-end responsibility and accountability for results
- Highly adaptable and eager to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of the requirements of clients
- In depth Material knowledge
- Standards and specifications
- Cost, Quality and Time Estimates
- Must have excellent interior design aesthetics
- Good understanding of site execution and civil works
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Delivering results under pressure
- Technical mindset
- Methodical approach and close attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively, flexibly and on own initiative to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions
- Ability to deal with and resolve complex situations
Education : B. Sc. - Interior Design.
Additional qualification in Architecture will be preferred
Other Requirements :
- Ability to Travel 50%
- Ability to maintain various trackers for delivery and budgets (Excel/Google sheets knowledge mandatory)
- Cost efficient and timely closure of all snags post initial handover.
Prior work experience : 12+ years of working experience in Interior Designing, BOQs, Bill of Material. Excellent taste with attention to details.
Industry : Architecture / Interior Design, Real Estate, Building Construction, Project Management, Interior Turnkey Fit Out etc.