Manager - Human Resources at Lohono Stays
Views:903 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Lohono Stays - Senior Interior Designer Value Engineer (10-15 yrs)
About us :
Isprava is the largest and fastest growing luxury holiday home developer in India. Isprava specializes in the design, construction and refurbishment of sophisticated luxury homes for discerning individuals. We are passionate about luxury, and take pride in creating stunning, inspirational holiday homes.
A typical Isprava home is designed by leading international designers, is fully furnished, and is rented and maintained by a hospitality management team on the owner's behalf. Our buyers are some of the most well-known personalities in India. They include Bollywood celebrities, Sports Stars, Industrialists, etc.
The Godrej and Piramal Families are one of our largest investors and Mr. Nadir Godrej is on our Board of Directors. Our Head office is in Mumbai and our projects are spread across Goa, the Nilgiris, Alibaug and expanding to Sri Lanka and various other locations.
Location : Mumbai with regular travel to sites across India.
Purpose of the role :
1. Develop and build lost lasting, maintenance free beautiful residential interiors and spaces with industry best practices.
2. Ensure world class quality, materials and built within prescribed timelines and budgets.
3. This position will entail leading the inhouse design managers.
In addition, this position requires interior design development, technical review and value engineering for all projects to develop and coordinate interior design / engineering drawings, technical documentation and construction documents.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Follow, review and suggest improvements where required for the current internal design protocols cohesively with architecture and interior design process, techniques, documentation standards and communication matrices to ensure simple, sensible best practices and procedures.
- Ensures timely completion of all design / engineering activities basis project schedule.
- Assist and coordinate with the design and project managers for project related scope. Onboard, lead, drive and coordinate with various internal teams and external consultants for all design / construction / procurement / sales related activities.
- Assist and coordinate with the design managers, value engineers, site teams, procurement teams, sales teams, permissions and new business teams, legal teams for project related scope.
- Assist in hire, drive, manage the internal design management teams through coaching, goal setting, feedback, training and review of performance for the design managers on a monthly basis.
- In house development of initial furniture layouts, mood boards and look books for select clients / projects.
- Leads production of drawings and details with external consultants for the concept design, schematic design, design development and construction documents for interior design and assist in architectural design, structural, MEP, landscape and other specialized verticals.
- Leads, reviews the production of high quality sales related documentation i.e. concept notes, sketches, sales plan, 3D renders / video walkthroughs and other sales and marketing related requirements.
- Actively ensure best quality through cost and time saving measures at all levels for the design, procurement and construction stages of the project.
- Technical review, vetting and value engineering of materials, specifications, products, design / construction details, BOQs and shop drawings from consultants and vendors.
- Assist design managers in timely closure and coordination of indents to the procurement teams and track delivery to site basis construction schedule.
- Actively seek new design, materials and construction methods. Independently evaluate, select and apply best practices to be followed in house
- Regular site visits and evaluate quality of construction, interior related material usage and specifications and execution basis drawing / interior details / interior finishing quality and actual construction.
- Development of inhouse standardized look-books for furniture, lights, accessories etc.
- Backward integration of the value chain for interior related items such as furniture, lights, accessories etc. both locally and internationally.
- Cost efficient and timely closure of all snags post initial handover.
- Knowledge of technical standards, regulatory frameworks and health & safety.
Skills Required :
Isprava is looking for :
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- TIme management skills
- Problem solver and solution oriented
- Technical mindset
- Time management skills
- AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Photoshop
- Design presentation skills
Core Competencies :
- Interior Design
- In depth material knowledge
- Standards and specifications
- Cost, Quality, and Time Estimates
- Interior related construction methodologies and technologies
- Design and Construction Documents
- B.Arch - Architecture / B. Sc. - Interior Design / M.S. - Architecture / B.Engg / M.S. Engineering degree required
- 10 to 15 years of experience with Architecture / Interior Design, Real Estate, Building Construction, Project Management, Interior Turnkey Fit Out etc