LT Foods - Assistant Manager - Packaging Material - Central Purchase Team (8-10 yrs)
Candidates only from FMCG, Food companies may apply
Role title : Assistant Manager (Packaging Material) - Central Purchase team
Experience Level : 8 - 10 yrs
Key Deliverables/ Job Description :
- Exposure to Sourcing of Packaging Material for FMCG industry with an utmost focus on cost, new packaging development, quality, innovations to packaging material and ensuring that long term supplier relationships are met.
- Keep updated on Market of Raw materials/ commodities (LDP, LLDP, PP, metallocene, paper ) that are used to develop the packaging material (Laminates/ WPP bags/ Non woven bags/ Cartons/ labels/ PP bags ) and is able to link the cost of raw material to the end product.
- Integrate long-term procurement strategies for packaging material and collaborates with other cross functional teams with a focus on cost control, process improvements or other specific supply chain initiatives to achieve competitive advantage and improve responsiveness to customer demand.
- Candidate Should have a technical know how about packaging industry and should be aware about all the chemical compositions that are involved in manufacturing of Packaging material.
- Should have an exposure to costing of packaging material and its linking with the commodity prices. Drives strategic cost management (cost matrix) for the relevant assigned commodity portfolio.
- Expertise in negotiations and supplier management, this position will enable business units to buy the products at the best possible price, quality and within targets set by business.
- To understand creation for new packaging development and New product development. Must have taken Projects for new packaging development with supplier and should understand intricacy and complexities involved.
- To understand the need of user, Design and devolvement department and other stake holders and develop the packaging material in coordination with the supplier.
Qualifications & Experiences :
- Bachelor Degree in Packaging through IIP or equivalent institute.
- He/she should be fluent in English & Hindi and have experience working in an international / multi-cultural environment
- At least 8 years work experience within packaging purchasing for FMCG industry.
- He/she should have work experience of FMCG Industries. Experience from working in a manufacturing facility (Factory/ Plant) is preferable.
Functional /Technical Skills & Knowledge :
- Should be well versed with SAP, ERP tools, MS Office.
- Team player - Experience of delivering within a cross-functional team
- Commercial awareness - understands cost drivers and enjoys doing business
- Ability to cope with a high workload and deliver within tight deadlines
Competencies (Soft Skills) :
- Must be detail oriented and logical
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.