Principal Consultant at Talent Source
Views:1645 Applications:238 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Lubricants Scientist - New Product Development (5-10 yrs)
Job description :
- Hiring support to our associate client leading lubricants Co
- New Hire will work on new product development, process development of existing and new products and also support day to day activities of the Lab.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Understand the project requirements and perform Literature search using Sci finder, and other methods like STN, journal search etc.
- To perform all short of reactions with hazardous/Non-hazardous reaction chemicals in the laboratory safely for the development of products. To perform high pressure reactions both at small and kilogram scale. Purification of compounds using column chromatography and other methods of purifications.
- Process development and process optimization of the hit molecule, cost reduction approach.
- Hands on experience on Gas chromatography, High pressure liquid chromatography, Liquid chromatography and mass spectroscopy and Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- Proper handling and taking care of Laboratory equipment, which includes maintenance, dealing with vendors for annual maintenance contracts.
- Vendor scouting for chemicals procurement, price reduction, working closely with procurement team.
Required Candidate profile :
1. Know of how of Synthetic chemistry
2. Knowledge of Spectroscopic methods like GC/LCMS/NMR/Cyclic voltammetry
2. Knowledge of Lubricant chemistry is preferred but not mandatory
3. Good communication, preparing laboratory reports, good interpersonal skills.
- Msc organic chemistry/M.Tech in oils, fats and Lubricant chemistry/PhD in organic chemistry.
- Candidates with lubricant chemistry backgrounds are preferred but not mandatory
- Post graduate should have industrial experience of minimum of 8 years.
- After PhD with minimum four years of industrial experience.