CEO at SS Consultants & Services
Views:66 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Machinist - Field Maintenance (5-10 yrs)
Machinist (Field Maintenance) for Qatar
- Machinist (Field Maintenance) 10 Nos Location Qatar
- Salary QAR 7,000.00
The primary purpose of the job : Set up and operate a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders, to produce precision metal parts
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Able to Set up and operate multi-axis numerically controlled lathe machining centers to machine complex surfaces on metallic and nonmetallic workpieces, drill bore or tap holes as required by computer program.
- Inserts precision indicator in machine spindle, and depresses switches to jog spindle into contact with the workpiece, synchronize tape and tool, and record set-up point. Retracts spindle and loads and secures first preset tool and holder.
- Starts machine and observes metal-cutting action.
- Compares numerical data displays with specifications on the operations sheet. Assembles and presets tooling for next operation during the tape-controlled cycle to reduce machine downtime.
- Occasionally replaces milling with drilling and boring tools at specified change points to reduce or eliminate the need for subsequent machining or workpiece on another machine.
- May operate machine on the preliminary dry run before machining first part to detect errors in the computer program. May be designated according to the make, trademark, or configuration of the machine, characteristics of the control system.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge & expertise for the safe operation of Lathe machine, Milling machine, Surface Grinding Machine, Radial drill machine, thread rolling machine, Plate rolling machine, Band saw machine, Hydraulic tapping machine & key slotting machine with procedures., e.g., pumps & valves bodies.
- Capable to use the In-situ (portable) machines e.g., lathe, milling, pipe facing & beveling machines, etc.
- Capable to do the PPM & routine maintenance of all the machines.
- Capable to understand the machining symbols & standards drawings.
- Capable to diagnose machinery problems & abnormalities during the operation.
- Capable to work within the 0.02 mm tolerance of machines finish.
- Capable to understand the fabrication drawings cross-sectional drawings, procedures & other related documents.
- Knowledge to understand the tolerance, clearance & interference.
- Able to use all the precisions measuring tools, like Vernier caliper, Micrometers, depth gauge, height gauge & dial gauge to take all the dimensions for the machining parts.
- Capable to maintain the machining tools & machines in good condition.
- Able to Prepare a list of existing & new machining tools requirements.
- Able to collect data in order to support in the preparation of the technical report.
- Performs other work as assigned by supervision for asset-related issues.
- Responsible for the support of Company EHS and Quality policies and programs.
- 14000 and RGEE.
- To work together in a team to accomplish tasks
- Maintain tools in good conditions.
- Understanding of the Standards Relating to tools/Equipment.
- Participates in Regular Tool Box meetings with colleagues.
- Reports all Near Misses, Incidents, and Accidents during operation
- Experience, Knowledge, and skills
- Educational Qualifications: Technology diploma / ITI certificate from recognized Institution
- Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in an Oil & Gas Industry or in a Petrochemical environment or related industry, including 3 years working as CNC Machinist/Operator
- Trade Certificate / Specialized Training: Qualification as a certified CNC Operator / Machinist
- English Language Skills: Basic written and oral communication skills in English.
Job Specific Requirements :
- Experience in of the repair, overhaul, and testing of all types of valves, pipework, and fittings
- Competent with lathes, milling machines, drilling machines, surface grinders, and tool, and cutter grinders
- Use all types of measuring instruments & machines to close tolerances
- Proficient in the machining operations of both metal and non-metal on utility and process equipment in a Hydrocarbon processing environment.
- Knowledgeable in Computer-aided Machining software Applications.
- Basic knowledge of planning specifically Spare Parts identification, Proactive Planning and
- Leadership skills. The distinction between several kinds of metals is a must.
- Good skill required in the Maintenance of machining equipment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent adaptability to a multicultural environment with a wide exposure to various cultures and customs
- Superior interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus approach. candidates must have 5 yrs Maintenance Experience in OIl & gas Plant with Relevant field
- Food & Accommodation provided
- 8 hrs Duty per day and 5 days working in a week
- Work location; Qatar Gas - Project - Qatar
- Must have ITI or Diploma for Technician level and Engineer Degree for Supervisor level
Interview mode : Webex Application
CV submission format with the below information :
- POSITION APPLIED
- PASSPORT No
- IMO CONTACT No (+91)
- TOTAL EXP
- EXPECTED SALARY
- VACCINE NAME & DATE