Maersk - Executive Assistant To COO (10-23 yrs)
Business Unit: APM Terminals Pipavav
Division or Section: COO's Office, APM terminals Pipavav
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- Reporting directly to Chief Operating Officer, this position provides comprehensive executive support services to the COO that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on key initiatives to enable achievement of business targets. This position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the COO.
- Provide efficient administrative relevant support at the Port Office
(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
I. COO's Office
a. Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the COO including completing expense/budget reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging detailed travel itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
b. Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the COO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response. Eventually the incumbent must have the ability to independently conduct this process with sound judgement.
c. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the COO's Office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
d. Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the MD, some of which may have organizational impact. Structuring and executing analysis to support actionable deliverables
e. Work on key initiatives and projects to enable achievement of all business targets. Initiate improvement projects related to business support and drive them to logical conclusion. Measure effectiveness of the outcome with trackers/audits etc. Some examples: Periodic review processes, support stakeholder management for COO's Office etc.
f. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures. Business Support and Liaison
g. Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team/Senior Management Team including assisting in scheduling Sr Executive Team meetings, Staff meetings, etc.
II. Office Management:
a. Manage Office Administration efficiently.
b. Hospitality management for visitors.
c. Drive engagement with the office staff based on direction from COO
REPORTING AND SCOPE
(IPE Factor: Knowledge-Teams & Breadth)
- Direct reports - None
- The position reports to the COO
- The scope of this position is domestic and based at Port Pipavav
WORK/BUSINESS CONTACTS AND AUTHORITY
(IPE Factor: Communication)
- All Functional Heads & Senior Management Members
- Government agencies, Industry bodies, Group companies, Vendors & suppliers.
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
Graduate, Postgraduate or additional qualifications like PGDM/MBA preferred
- 10-years of experience in a similar role. Must have proven experience in managing business support functions The following attributes are required:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- High Judgement & Complexity. Need to be assertive and diligent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
LEARNING & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
Exposure to general management and administration activities
Relevant next career steps might be: Managerial role in relevant department within business unit, other group companies in India or in similar global positions