HR at Career Opportunities
Views:663 Applications:191 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:93
Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical (2-7 yrs)
Maintenance Engineer Job Description
Wherever there is machinery, there is also a requirement of maintenance, and the people who are responsible for it are maintenance engineers; to know about their profession, read the maintenance engineer job description.
The maintenance engineers maintain all the machinery that is present in the factory. They are experts on those machines and know all about their assembling and repair work. Therefore, whenever there is a problem in the machine, they fix the machine as soon as possible as it may result in slowing of production which will result in loss of revenue.
- The machines and equipment present in the factory is not the kind that can be purchased anywhere. These machines are specifically made according to the specification provided by the company and hence, only maintenance engineers posses the skill that is required to repair these machines. Calling technicians from the equipment supplying company is not cost effective. Therefore, a team of maintenance engineers are hired to look after the machinery.
- The engineers also have to do maintenance checks on all the machinery even if there are no complaints. They have to check whether all the parts are in working order. If they find that some parts are damaged, they have to immediately change them or they cause wear and tear to other parts. Regular checks prevent any major damage to the machine that may take place in the future.
- Maintenance engineers usually work in teams as it increases the speed of maintenance work. They have to coordinate with the other engineers as usually these machines are huge in size and impossible for a single person to repair on their own.
- They even make the changes in the setting of the machines or can modify them to increase their efficiency. If one has to make changes in the design of the manufacturing chassis, the maintenance engineer will design according to the new design. These still are only a few duties of a maintenance engineer, to know about educational qualifications too, read the maintenance engineer job description.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Maintenance Engineer
- The maintenance engineers have to maintain all the equipment and machinery that is in the manufacturing unit of the company
- They have to make regular checks for the maintenance of the machines and repair the part that need to be replaced
- They have to quickly attend calls for repair work as delay in work results in revenue loss for the company
- They have to keep maintenance reports and also make records for all the repair works thy conduct on the machinery
- They have to be present in the factory and perform all the repair work on site
- They can also develop the existing machinery to work efficiently
- The engineers have to order all the latest tools that will help them carry out repair work
- They have to carefully maintain inventory for the tools and place orders for new ones when they are required
- They have to inform the management of the new machinery that might be required for the factory
- Many companies have realized the importance of having in house maintenance engineers. Also, having maintenance engineers helps increase the life of all the machinery. They service them on time and this increases its efficiency.
Educational Qualification Needed for A Maintenance Engineer
Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering is the first step
Then experience in the field expanding up to at least four years is asked by most companies
Career Advancing Opportunities
Maintenance engineers can get promoted to become departmental heads and team leads. They get good hikes in their salaries and benefits. Also, experienced engineers are high in demand, and even get opportunities to work abroad in multinational companies.
The maintenance engineer job description though seems like it is all about just maintaining the machines, but their work is important for overall prices of products. When the breakdowns in machinery are less and the machines perform at their best, the cost of production reduces.
Department: Maintenance Site Engineering / Project Management Industry: Oil & Gas / Petroleum Other Skills: maintenance engineer
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.