HR at Alloys Consulting
Views:369 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Maintenance Supervisor - Hydraulics Maintenance (8-10 yrs)
Job Description :
Department/Project : Maintenance Mechanical
Reporting to : Area In-Charge - Mechanical
Purpose of role :
- Supervising of Mechanical maintenance activities on daily basis to ensure complete compliance of planned maintenance schedule, compliance of KPI trackers, assist area in-charges for authentic data generation to analyse for necessary corrective action to ensure consistent performance of plant equipments.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and organisation-driven projects in line with the company vision and code of conduct.
Accountability and associated responsibilities :
- To assist management-driven projects like TPM, SHIKHAR, Automation and Digitization etc. to improve the work standard in his area.
- Continuous improvement of the maintenance processes to improve reliability and availability and reduce the total maintenance costs of assets and services.
- Assist Area In-charge in conducting Root Cause Analysis and develop the Corrective/Preventive action plans for failures as per the RCA policy and to ensure implementation of CAPA findings.
- Ensure quality work by regular inspection for all maintenance activities in the perimeter of the dedicated assets.
- Identification of unsafe conditions and rectification of the same in areas under his purview.
- Ensure safety clearance, proper usage of PPEs, tools and tackles and safe execution of jobs.
- Monitor equipment at site as per schedule and checklist; identify abnormalities, defects, immediate intimation to area in-charge.
- Ensure optimum utilization of resources (manpower and spares).
- Ensure proper housekeeping in the area after the jobs are over.
- Ensure Overhauling of machines and availability of spares as per requirement, tagging of machine components.
- Assist area in-charge in implementation of intelligent kaizen.
- Assist area in-charge in job planning, revision of procedures and work instructions.
- To act as shift reliever as and when required.
- Issuing of work permit
- Certification of completion of contractor's jobs.
Additional Information :
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Ability to communicate effectively with subordinates, co-workers and management
- Ability to pay attention to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Involve other functional departments (e.g. Engineering, SHE Procurement) whenever beneficial for the progress in case of multidisciplinary projects and establish effective interfaces with all relevant parts
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities :
- Understanding the company's emergency evacuation procedures
- Perform all work duties in a manner that ensures the health and safety of all employees, supervisors and workers
- Immediately reporting all incidents, accidents, hazards or unsafe work conditions to management
- Participate in incident investigations as and when required
Key Competencies :
- Core knowledge related to Blast Furnace Mechanical Maintenance.
- Good knowledge about BLT, Mud gun& drilling Machine, Stoves, SPCM & Crane Maintenance.
- Good knowledge about turbo blower & Series blower maintenance.
- Knowledge of Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Gear Box & Compressors.
- Understanding of Daily Management of BF mechanical maintenance.
- Understanding of Engineering Drawing
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements of assigned work projects.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Key incumbent requirements :
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years relevant Experience
- Basic computer proficiency and MS Office Skills
- Past experience in Furnace maintenance will be an added advantage
Required Qualification : PG-Diploma/ Diploma - Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Other - Not Required Per/CGPA
Note: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is MANDATORY
Preferred Age Group : All Age
Preferred Gender : All
Job Insights : Important Tips to source better
Please Note :
- This is based in Kharagpur, West Bengal.
- Outstation candidates having relevant experience can apply.
- Virtual On-boarding is NOT possible.
- Recruitment Stages: 2 to 3 Interview rounds will take place.