Manager/Assistant Manager - Civil & Structural Design (7-10 yrs)
Company Name : Radiance Renewables Private Limited
Job Role Title : Manager-Ass Manager-Civil and structural design
Location : Mumbai
Language Preference : English
Experience : 7-10 Years
Budget : 17-19 Lakh
Notice Period : 30 days
JOB DESCRIPTION :
B.E/ B.Tech (Electrical, Mechanical)
7 to 10 Years
17- 19 lakhs
- Experience in design and analysis of RCC & Steel Structures in a 3-D design environment in a Consulting / Engineering organization in Renewable Industry.
- Experience in design of different solar structures including Fixed Tilt Structures and Tracker system
- Knowledge of applicable civil and structural design/ engineering standards covering and IS, ACI, AISC, UBC, ASCE, BS etc.
- Should be proficient in STAAD Pro for structural analysis and design.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD & Revit will be an added advantage.
- Should possess excellent communication skills and have ability to guide the work of job engineers and designers.
- Involvement in Development of Project specific Standard Drawings, Project planning, efforts-hours estimation, design and documents checking, auditing and Scheduling Activities would be added advantage.
- Experience in interaction with Vendors, preparation of technical Specifications of different types of structures related to Solar Industry.
- Must possess technical knowledge of related engineering systems, equipment, engineering calculations, and construction methods/materials.
- Proficient knowledge of engineering economics, optimization processes and decision making techniques like Cost-benefit analysis etc.
- Knowledge of the latest technological development in the solor/ renewable industry
- Preparation of specifications for procurement contracts and technical evaluation of proposals, cost/ budget estimating,
- Ability to set out procedures / processes for ensuring smooth funtioning of engineering functions.
1. Planning & Organising:
- Establishes a course of action for self and/ or team to accomplish a specific goal
- Estimates and allocates time and given resources based on plan & priorities
- Monitors progress against plan and identifies gap
2. Result Orientation:
- Sets stretch goals for self and team and encourages others to do the same.
- Drives accountability in team through appropriate actions (involvement in goal setting, motivation, periodic reviews and feedback)
3. People Management:
- Works effectively with various stake holders
- Supports team towards achieving a common goal, in line with the business objectives.
- Provides feedback to take necessary steps for improving performance
4. Leadership Skills:
- Builds a highly effective team and delegates responsibilities basis efficient utilization of resources
- Is able to motivate his team towards a common goal
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Experience in tracker evaluation and good understanding in tracker technology.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used
- Resolve design issues and problems
- Attend project meetings and assist in civil/structural man-hour estimates and staffing forecast.
- Assist in Technical supervision of civil/structural designers in the preparation of design drawings and Bill of Materials (BOM) reports for projects.
- Meet schedule and budget of civil/structural project design activities.
- Conduct field investigations and plant site visits when needed
- Motivating and encouraging design teams.
- Mentoring & Coaching to the Civil & Structure Design and Project Execution team for meeting the baseline of the project requirements.
- Ensuring structural drawings and designs are produced on time, to a high quality, and are easy to decipher.
- Overseeing the design process using technical expertise
- Working with Consultant & O&M team to ensure that their expectations are met
- Reviewing designs considering the complete compliance of health and safety, avoiding errors and reducing financial risk during construction.
- Resource optimization by Focusing on cost, time & design manhour, Enforcement of Contractual requirement & Quality Assurance for various Civil and Structural works.
- Maintaining thorough documentation of the design process
- Ensures synergy among Project team members, resolving conflicts and steering the team towards achieving the Business targets.
- Driving towards the Standardization/Initiating the Specifications and Standards of various civil & structural works.
- Market Awareness & trend to drive the new initiatives to bring down the cost.
- Evaluation of Technical capability the Vendors/contractor.
- Preconstruction assessment of site, formulation of Concept for construction of Solar & wind Project.
- Through knowledge of Hydrology/Water shed Study.
Functional Skill: -
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills
- Ability to think outside the box and creatively
- Must work extremely well in a team environment
- Ability to embrace change
Engineering Tool: -
- The person should be able to design Schematic using any of the industry leading tools like STAAD Pro, Solid works, ANSYS etc.
KEY RESULT AREAS & MEASURES
Plant profitability and efficiency targets
Adherence to CAPEX budget
% reduction in identified costs
Smooth relationship management with EPC Team, Vendors, Contractors, Consultants, locals, government bodies
Adherence to all project timelines, specifications & budget
Civil/ Strutural simulation of Solar /Renewable plants
Evalulation of new technologies
Cost reduction through process improvement
Adherence to project execution plan
Adherence to statutory compliance, QA standards and plans, technical specifications
Internal - Most Frequent Contacts Purpose
ED For Engineering Desin related discussions
COO For Engineering Desin related discussions
Head -HC For talent management initiatives
Head -Quality/EHS For compliance to all quality/ Safety targets and norms
Finance For accounting and financial requirements
Head-BD, All Functions Heads For Business Planning and periodic review
External - Most Frequent Contacts Purpose
O&M and Other consultants For day to day plant activities
Certifying bodies For meeting statutory & regulatory requirements
Industry Forums For sharing best practices and building visibility