SBU Head at Kopal Consultants LLP
Views:333 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Manager - Business Excellence - QC/QA - Paint Manufacturing (8-10 yrs)
About : The opening is for one of the leading paint manufacturing company.
Position Summary :
- Streamline the operations in the most cost optimized manner at the maximum resource utilization and Implement strong manufacturing process to optimize the cost of production
- Will be responsible for implementing Strong manufacturing process/TQM in production, QA and Warehouse by identifying & eliminating Non value adding activities of process.
- Drive cost reduction project in manufacturing, QA, Engineering, Store process to reduce the manufacturing cost.
Principal Responsibilities :
- Provide operational and scientific guidance received from BE and lead the entire site team in achieving company's business goals and actively involved in execution plans of the plant operations.
- To co-ordinate with R&D team and provide assistance in smooth transfer of recipe from R&D department to Production department.
- To co-ordinate with manufacturing departments and provide guidance for smooth operations. Involving in high level resource management, budgets and provide technical guidance wherever essential and assist in achieving the department goals.
- To co-ordinate with project management team on critical projects and evaluate proposals based on business requirements, provide high level technical inputs.
- To interact with Quality Control & Assurance team for key scientific, technical teams, and commercial personnel to provide operational assistance for smooth functioning of operations.
- To co-ordinate with the Engineering department, ability to assess the Engineering needs for the entire plant operations and provide guidance for smooth operations. Reviewing the plant infrastructure and providing guidance in upgrading or establishing newer capabilities which arises from time to time.
- To Interact with Purchase department on critical issues and decision making for smooth functioning of operations related to purchase.
- To Interact with CO Chennai and BE team, Singapore and implement key initiatives at plant in co-ordination with the Plant team.
Job Description :
- Capacity improvement in cycle-time of exhibiting the batches.Analyzing the plant capacity by increasing the batch sizes by reducing cycle of current process.
- To carry out Cost reduction activities like solvent reduction, recycling, yield improvement, process efficiency.
- Manage new projects' assignments and meeting the time lines to achieve budget production.
- Communication/relationship with the contract site as well as cross functional teams and management
- Facilitate and manage technology transfer and manufacturing support. Successful validation of new process of product
- Maintaining and updating regular MIS reports for the purpose of reviews and utilization of information for further necessary action & reference.
- Training to new entrants & Plant personnel about product, manufacturing process,
- Ensuring smooth running of project and proper coordination with the concern team.
Basic Skills required :
- Good knowledge of Production of Paint/ Intermediates
- Team Player & Result oriented
- Coaching and Motivational ability
- Flexible and adaptable and can work under pressure
- Excellent communication and analytical skill
Basic Qualifications : B.Tech / M.Sc(Science) in Chemistry,
Job Experience : Overall 8-10 years of Experience (at least 2-3 years experience in Excellence function)