Recruiter at Invokhr Solutions
Views:183 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Manager - Cast Polyurethane Product (8-10 yrs)
Client's Company History : Muvtons is a 44 year old company, manufacturing industrial and other wheels and castors for the material handling and logistics industry. The company is seeking an aggressive growth path over the next five years, that will entail adding new product lines, new markets etc. Currently the company sells both domestically as well as exports its products to around 25 countries worldwide including Europe, US, Scandinavia etc.. The company has been known worldwide for its high quality products, some of the products are high end, high performance products where the application demands are very stringent both functionally as well as dimensionally. Since the last 20 years, the company is one of the largest processors of liquid cast polyurethane using low pressure machines imported from Europe.
The candidate has to lead his department team and ensure production and delivery of zero defect cast polyurethane products, leading to customer delight; product quality has to be improved and built to world class standards; Mandate is to increase production and productivity, to control and reduce internal process rejections; The person shall have 'end to end' responsibility including material and manpower planning (excluding material procurement) for this department.
Desired Personal Traits of the Candidate :
1. Must process a Vision and Strategy to achieve team and department objectives and should be aligned with the Vision of the company to grow 10x over next 5 years, while improving quality standards to world class level, and reducing department operating costs.
2. Trustworthy with High Integrity and Ethical Work principles
3. Excellent Communication Skills
4. Leading by example, of being a Role Model and motivating his team
5. Must have a Positive Personality while having zero tolerance for team goals
6. Should be Creative and offering 'out of the box' solutions for issues
7. Excellent Analytical Skills and ability to take Quick Decisions- person possessing High Deliverables skill set is desired
Desired Professional Skill Sets :
1. Knowledge of polyurethane materials viz, pre-polymers, polyols, isocyanates, curing agents, pigments etc. and their chemistry and properties
2. Hand on knowledge of pouring / casting polyurethane materials through high/low pressure machines; thorough understanding of critical elements in polyurethane casting
3. Ability to carry out process optimization to improve production and productivity
4. Knowledge of maintenance of polyurethane casting machines, including preventive maintenance
5. Ability to quickly analyze reasons or rejection and controlling them immediately to keep rejection levels to bare minimum
6. Motivating and leading his team of supervisors and blue collared associates
7. Taking complete responsibility for daily production, productivity and quality control in polyurethane department
8. Analytical and Methodical Style of working backed by prompt MIS reporting
9. Ability to ensure proper Quality Documentation in the Department
10. Knowledge of any ERP System is desired since the company controls its production and quality through Microsoft Dynamics platform
Education & Experience :
1. B.E. / B. Tech in chemical engineering or a Masters in Chemistry
2. Atleast 8 to 10 years of work experience in polyurethane processing. Experience can be in technical PU foam, PU foam or PU elastomers production.
3. Atleast 3 years of experience as a Department Manager in a company producing polyurethane products is desired.
Vision for the Prospective Candidate's Growth :
1. Working in an organization that has a strong and un-interrupted 44 year worldwide presence which is aiming for an aggressive growth path, yet taking a very professional approach to building its Human Capital on the journey. The candidate with co-create a happy work culture in the organization along with the management to make Muvtons one of the most desired places to work at.
2. Offering the 'best in industry' package commensurate with the candidate's skills sets and experience
3. Possibility of offering an attractive variable component linked to deliverables viz. production and delivery of 100% Zero Defect parts to clients, savings resulting from internal rejections control, increasing production and productivity
4. Attractive Yearly Growth commensurate with the candidate's performance and the company growth