Manager - Color & Artwork - SAPMENA (4-9 yrs)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES :
- KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Develop the colors and finishing's of primary and secondary packaging: manage artwork, color ranges and defects range board.
- To put at disposal printing area to marketing department for artwork elaboration.
- To receive pre-press artwork (BAG) from supplier and send to marketing for approval.
- To follow color matching and BAT process.
- Ensure artwork documents comply with regulations for elements under responsibility of Operations
- Perform homologation of packaging components for decoration-change projects. Including:
- Issue test request to lab for new-decorated packaging components
- Work with plant to ensure new-decorated packaging components comply with production line request.
- Issue specification of packaging components for decoration-change projects.
- Contribute to the study of the aesthetic and technical feasibility of artwork and to the advice offered to Marketing by providing optimized decoration solutions (quality, costs, deadline, sustainability, innovation)
- Contribute to the risk analysis of new decoration (feasibility, scheduling, costs), reporting and proposal of solutions
- Coordinate the process of development and distributing artwork documents (including the engraving-ready document (BAG))
- Ensure all extrapolation, homologations, color approval and proofs approved are completed and met on time for SPEC issuance (ie made in statements, label claim)
- Participate /Lead-decoration portion in QCP meetings with Brand Development and provide advice to respect project complexity and minimize Time to Market
- Ensure no first reception rejections due to missing color standards and panoplies
- Complete risk analysis on decoration briefs
- DIGITAL: EFFICIENT TOOLS
- Should be Tech savvy
- Accelerate digital printing (personalization, late differentiation)
- PERCEIVED VALUE INNOVATION
- Ensure the aesthetic consistency
- Be consumer centric and aware of consumer insights
- Propose the highest perceived value decoration at the lowest cost
- PROTECT CONSUMERS AND DATA
- Respect confidentiality of launches
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND :
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience in proven package development project work/quality experience, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline a plus
- Travel to vendors and plants will be a requirement (10-15% of time)
- Proficient PC skills - Excel / PowerPoint and Esko System.
- Proficient communication skills (written & verbal), to be able to deal effectively with all levels of our organization AND our suppliers.
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends and technologies.
- Must be team oriented and able to create strong relationships with all cross functional partners
- Manufacturing staff (Manufacturing - MSL, Logistics, Purchasing and UP)
- Technical development teams (Packaging & International Development)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.