Managing Director at HRMS India Executive Search
Views:580 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:72
Manager - Construction (5-15 yrs)
Job Responsibilities :
- Oversees construction sites, general contractors, and workers to ensure a high level of quality and safety.
- Creates and reviews Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and Change Orders.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures.
- Ensures that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to Project Managers.
- Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Assists in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors construction schedules.
- Reviews weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes.
- Reports the status of projects to business and market leaders.
- Attend client program meetings as needed.
Skills Requirement :
- Have handled Hotel renovation project primarily.
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Administrative policies and procedures
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking ability
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Comfort with time reporting systems
Education and Licensing Requirements :
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
- 5+ years of project experience working in the construction industry required
- EIT certification preferred
- Experience with large manufacturing facilities construction sites preferred