Search Consultant at Mastermind Network
Views:692 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager - Construction Safety (15-20 yrs)
Job Description :
- Responsible for ensuring the Safety of all the personnel and asset involved during the construction and commissioning phase for Petrochemical Project. (The number of personnel involved at the peak of the project is estimated to be around 30,000.) Will assist GM-Construction Safety building the safety culture by bringing in the best industry practices perspective from the standpoint of global standards to ensure an incident and injury free workplace.
- Will assist in building the safety team for setting up all the required safety systems and processes. Will closely liaise with Fire and Safety team to ensure swift response in the event of an emergency.
- In the operations phase, responsible for coordinating compliance with PSM and safety. Organize required compliance and procedure review and audits of PSM.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation related to PSM is available in the system and updated as and when required.
- Provide PSM status to senior management and other teams as may be required. Implement safety processes, procedures, training and audits and verifying they are kept current and are being properly followed.
- Provide overall technical direction and guidance to safety technicians. Work closely and provide support to Industrial Hygiene, Health and Fire as may be required. Assist in mobilizing emergency response teams and work closely with Chief Fire Officer.
Ensuring Safety of all Personnel :
1) Carry out safety reviews of contractor operations across sites; identified areas for development and positive initiatives to share that led to noteworthy improvements in Construction Safety management across the project.
2) Ensure the project complies with current health and safety legislation approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to safety and service provision.
3) Continuously promote a strong understanding of local HSE legislation and ensure HSE procedures, practices and ensure standards are aligned and in compliance with regulations and laws.
4) Attends job progress meetings for current construction to be aware of current and future plans, and point out loss prevention requirements, or offer advice.
5) Ensure construction activities comply with HSE policies and procedures are implemented consistently and effectively, and are known and understood by all contractors and subcontractors on sites.
6) Monitor issues of non-conformance against implemented management systems; take corrective and preventive action raised with management teams.
7) Perform on-site inspections, equipment audits, incident investigations, near misses, safety alerts. Delivery of on-site accident investigation reports, implementation of preventative/ corrective actions, statistical analysis, self-verification audits, management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
Assist in developing the Safety Engineering team :
a) Review candidates to fill up vacancies for Safety Engineers
b) Guide, coach and train them with the objectives
c) Conduct performance reviews for his team
Provide support during Emergency Response, Fire etc
a) Work closely with Chief Fire Officer in developing the Emergency Response teams
b) Assist in recruitment of Fire technicians
c) Provide support and direct teams during emergency response
d) Coach and guide safety technicians for emergency response
e) Ensure that Safety and Fire technicians have learnt requisite skills to multi-task
Review safety training procedures
a) Direct Safety Technicians to develop safety related training
b) Review and provide inputs for training
c) Guide / direct / participate / coordinate safety training
Comply with PSM and Safety
a) Supervise and coordinate team to comply with PSM
b) Update and maintain procedures to meet regulatory requirements and best practices
c) Interpret regulations associated with procedures and monitor compliance
d) Organize required compliance and procedure review and audits, review of action items resolution as well as periodic audits or reviews of PSM activities
Update and Communicate changes in PSM
a) Communicate PSM status to management and inform them about changes
b) Distribute audit compliance results and summary of action items
c) Assign responsibilities and train people about changes in PSM and ensure that all related departments are up to date with changes
d). Ensure that all requisite reports are maintained and updated in system
Operations Phase :
a) Responsible for providing overall direction to safety technicians
b) Train and coach Safety and Fire technicians
c) Responsible for performance review and development of safety technicians and fire technicians as and when required
d) Mobilize emergency response teams as and when required.
Desired Candidate Profile :
1) Should have a chemical, mechanical or safety engineering degree and training in Safety Engineering and Fire Protection for Refinery/chemical/process industries.
2) Candidates needs to have a full time safety qualification (at Engineering or advanced level).
3) Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations in Safety, Fire, and Industrial Hazards is a must.
4) Knowledge of IIF would be an added advantage.
1) The applicant should have 15-20 years of experience in the field of Safety in a Refinery/ Petrochemical/Chemical/Process industry.
2) Should have been part of the Project and have exposure to the Construction Safety.
3) Experience in plant safety and fire protection and emergency response is an added advantage.
4) Should be mature and have leadership skills to motivate and direct his team.
5) Should be analytical and have effective oral communication.
6) Should have exposure to large scale industrial construction projects and should have about 8-10 years in Oil and Gas.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.