Principal Consultant at Armour Corporate Services
Views:209 Applications:22 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Manager - Disposables Product Development (10-20 yrs)
Purpose of the Position :
- Responsible for planning and execution of disposables product and materials development.
- To be a subject matter expert for bio compatible materials development and processing to execute various disposables development projects.
- Provide leadership for the disposables product development including application and development of innovative medical grade materials.
- Plastic materials subject matter expert contributing to the development and application of new proprietary plastic materials and processes for disposable medical products.
- Manages direct report project leaders, technical supervisors, and engineers.
- Evaluates proposed solutions, adaptations, and modifications to products used globally through technical and managerial expertise.
- Ensure compliance with all ISO product and QMS standards, product documentation, specifications, SOPs and regulatory requirements, and safe working practices.
- Effectively utilize resources and manage activities within budget as per functional cost centres.
- Works across diverse regional and functional boundaries to promote collaboration and teamwork.
- Communicates on all levels with senior management, including technical, strategic, and business.
- Partner with Marketing team and Manufacturing team, customers and vendors to support new creative ideas in the area of disposables development.
- Responsible for the training and development of sub-ordinates for improving knowledge and skill levels
Desired Skills :
- Exceptional understanding of technology and methods applicable to disposables medical devices including material development and selection, design & development, manufacture and quality.
- Knowledge on Plastics product design, Processing, Mould/Tool development
- In-depth knowledge of Bio compatible materials development and their application. Knowledge of materials with blood contact application.
- Experience in plastics materials formulation, test methods and their qualification preferably in PVC
- Understanding and application of Design Controls and Quality Management System to product development.
- Knowledge of business and management and coordination with people and other resources.
Desired Experience :
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in Plastics/Polymer materials, processes and product development in a medical device industry/in an advanced research facility
Desired Educational Qualification :
- Masters in Polymer Science/Plastics Engineering, preferably with PhD.