Manager - Electrical Projects - Data Centre Construction (10-15 yrs)
Job description :
MAIN ASSIGNMENTS :
- Working as a key team player in Electrical Discipline for Data Center Projects (green field, expansion projects)
- Engineering (Design, Review, Validation, Site Coordination) for EHV S/S like 220KV GIS, 66KV GIS, 132KV Switchyard and downstream HV Distributions.
- Engineering (Design, Review, Validation, Site Coordination) for MV and LV distribution required in Data Center Projects with design as per latest TIA-942 guidelines, Uptime Institutes guidelines.
- Ensuring complete design as per Customer RFP requirements for smooth handover of projects to operations.
- Onsite design support during project phase wherever required.
Main Responsibilities :
- SME (Subject matter Expertise) role for Electrical Discipline.
- Concept level Electrical designing of Data Centres.
- Detail Engineering and document preparation of all engineering deliverables.
- Proposing new technologies with pay back calculations in running & upcoming DC projects
- Review & Validation of Engineering Deliverables to initiate procurement or Site construction activity.
- Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) for most of the major Electrical Equipment like UPS, DG Sets, Transform-ers, MV, LV Switchboards, GIS etc.
- Preparation of Technical Specification, Data Sheets, Engineering Deliverables wherever required.
- On site Engineering support & Testing of Equipment at Factory / site to verify performance.
DESIRED PROFILE :
- ME/BE/Dip in Electrical Engineering from recognized Universities & Institutes.
- 10-15 years relevant Design Experience in Data Center Build projects in IT/Telecom/Datacenter or construction Industry
- Work Experience shall be in Detail Engineering to prepare detail documents, Project engineering to meet projects expectations and speed up timely delivery of documents, Project Planning experience for CAPEX / Budget preparation, OPEX, ROI Calculation and Project implementation in phase-wise manner as per management needs.
- Site Coordination experience to understand site challenges, understand ground realities to capture in design during planning stage. Testing (at factory, at site) experience of major electrical equipment required in data centre projects along with integrated site testing experience.
SKILLS : Thorough knowledge in Electrical basics and relevant IS/IEC standards.
- Good logic and adaptability to design projects as per management needs.
- Hands on experience on software like CAD, ETAP, MS office.
- Execution focus with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Eye for details, energetic & hands-on
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Independence, initiative, flexibility and strong commitment
- Very good prioritisation skills to balance key priorities
- Willingness to travel (as and when required)