Director at Achievers Human Resources
Views:485 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Manager - Environment Health Safety - Chemical Manufacturing (10-15 yrs)
India's Leading Specialty chemicals company SRF Ltd requires Manager EHS for their manufacturing facility located in Dahej in Gujrat.
- Responsible for implementing EHS policies & procedures to meet the current standards.
- Facilitate incident investigations to identify the root cause and counter measures to avoid repetition and horizontal deployment of corrections at other places.
- Facilitate to carry out HIRA and Aspect/ Impact identification in all functions & review the control measures implemented.
- Carrying out Internal Audit as per IMS protocol to assess the compliance level.
- Monitor & track EHS statutory compliances in each section.
- Ensuring timely assessment and testing of testing of lifting tools & tackles, Pressure vessels, etc.
- Review monthly with other functions and submit the compliance report
- Identify training needs from HOD's and Controls mentioned in HIRA
- Develop Training module based on injury analysis, HOD feedback, Auditors' feedback etc.
- Provide assistance for developing Monthly training calendar on EHS to HR department.
- Arranging External/Internal resources for training.
- Implement On-site emergency plan and procedure.
- Conduct training on emergency preparedness.
- Ensure Procurement of necessary equipment and ensure them in always operational condition.
- Ensure Mock-Drill is conducted at regular intervals. Identify the gaps and developing the action plan to arrest the gaps.
- Representing the SRF Chemicals business in the Local Crisis Group/ District Crisis group for Off Site Emergency Plan
- Selection of appropriate PPEs based on the hazards by conducting the hazard assessment and job/risk exposure.
- Ensure the PPEs are made available to all concerned. Auditing and periodically assessing to find out effectiveness of PPE.
- Conducting EHS Statutory Meeting to reviewing and seek inputs from employees
- Coordinate Area Safety committee meetings
- Regular follow up for timely implementation of the jobs & closure of points
- Engagement activities through National Safety Week
- Co-ordinate for EHS audits by Customers, External agencies and internal team
- Coordinate to carry out Yearly external safety Audit.
- Review HIRA six monthly.
- Six monthly audits as per IMS (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001).
- Cross function team safety audits
- Imparting induction and refresher trainings and regular EHS awareness in contract employees.
- Pre-use and periodic review of the project /maintenance portable equipments.
- Interacting with Project team and project safety supervisor to implement the safety system at construction site.
- Conducting Pre-Startup EHS Reviews of Projects.
- Training of subordinates for Safety systems & practices, also MSDS.
- Prepare training effectiveness model (skill evaluation matrix) to measure the training effectiveness.
- Involve the people in TIE activity.
- Implement 5S system in the plant.
- Improving quality of Kaizens.
- Encouraging and engaging people according to the work requirements on day to day basis.
- Leading the team through effective communication.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.