Founder & CEO at Smart Talent Consulting Services Private Limited
Views:356 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager/Head - Repair/Maintenance & Technical Services - Medical Equipment (7-15 yrs)
The Client :
A leading mid sized medical devices distribution company HQ in Zambia.
Purpose of the role :
- Carries the overall responsibility for planning and execution of the technical services functions, namely, Planned Preventive Maintenance, Work Order Management, Spares and Tools Management, Trip Management and Warranty Management to ensure the highest up-time for the customer.
- Manage the onsite team based in Zambia and responsible for meeting the SLAs for the technical services team in terms of cost and customer satisfaction
Contents of the role :
- Develop and execute the Planned Preventive Maintenance process
- Work order allocation and service request fulfillment in line with the SLAs set for the customer in the most efficient manner.
- Overall responsibility for spares and tools management including ordering, upkeep and maintenance, stock keeping, inward and outward movements and inventory management
- Responsible for ensuring that the service order documentation is accurate and complete and all the necessary documents are filed and available for audits
- Accountability for the trip planning and execution process to ensure that every trip is fruitful and efficient.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the warranty database and ensuring that the services and spares are invoiced in line with the warranty obligations and agreements.
- Responsible for assessment, selection, engagement, utilization, training and performance mgmt for the team
- Responsible for compliance to SOP and continuous improvement of process pertaining to his/her area of work
- Responsible to drive, implementation of QMS - Adherence to ISO 13485 standards or its equivalent as deemed fit by the industry
- Ownership for maintaining accurate data in the various systems used for there area of work.
- Generate daily / weekly / monthly / periodic MIS for his/her function
- Make sure all the systems that are used for carrying out day to day work is being utilized fully and system downtime are escalated to the management team to ensure it is fixed on priority.
- Responsible to keep tab on the total cost of operations for his/her area of work
- Accountable for identifying, managing and mitigating risks associated with the function
- Own, contribute and ensure implementation of key initiatives pertaining to his/her area of work
- Key contributor to drive technology implementation and change management to ensure full benefits are derived from the available/new tools from time to time
The Person for the role :
- Bachelor's degree in Bio Medical / Bio Chemical Engineering or Equivalent with appropriate experience, with a Masters in Management preferred.
- Atleast 10 years of previous service management experience with team responsibilities preferred
- Experience and/or domain knowledge in medical devices / healthcare domain preferred
- Experience in analyzing incoming service requests and trouble shooting
- Displays extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product details and company services offered
- Strong customer service, project management, and quality control skills.
- Strong organization skills and internal drive to see tasks through to completion
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Good computer skills and the ability to use business support software.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- People Management / Strong training and coaching skills.
- Quick to understand the nature of a requirement and react to an escalation in a timely manner
- Energy, enthusiasm and high sense of prioritization
- Strong teamwork skills and attention to detail.
- Remaining organized and meeting deadlines.
- Expert level knowledge and hands on experience in ITIL framework will be an additional plus.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.