Hiring Manager at PAL Talent Services
Views:78 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager - IC Design & Products (10-15 yrs)
Job Title: Manager - IC Design & products
Client : An Engg. Services Company with pan-global presence
Location : Malaysia
Domain : Energy / Power
Experience : 10 years
Education : Bachelor's / Masters in Electronics or Electrical Engg.
Salary : Commensurate with experience
Job Description :
- The Manager will lead and manage a team of engineers to analyze customer requirements and define new integrated circuit products with full application solutions which deliver compelling value to our customers.
- In the process of defining new IC products, the New Product Definition Manager will provide leadership in using advanced simulation techniques and fast prototyping methodologies to develop and validate algorithms and topologies.
- The New Product Definition Manager will plan, lead and organize his team of engineers and be responsible for:
- Develop and define compelling IC-based system solutions, based on customer and market-driven requirements for SMPS and lighting ballast solutions
- Take leadership in the technical feasibility study which will be part of any new IC development, validating new topology and product ideas using modern simulation tools and fast prototyping methodologies prior to actual IC design
- Architect, define and capture requirements for the new IC in an Objective Technical Specification
- Cooperate with and provide support to the IC design team to ensure the IC implementation meets system requirements
- Participate actively in design verification testing and characterization of first sample ICs in the lab
- Recognize patentable intellectual property in Power Integrations' application designs and ICs to protect our market position
- Provide support to the applications team to facilitate acceptance and design-in of Power Integrations IC products
Required skill-sets :
- Broad and deep understanding of power conversion topologies including flyback, forward and half bridge topologies for off-line use
- Appreciation of cost/performance trade-offs in SMPS design for cost-sensitive, high volume applications
- Thorough magnetics design knowledge and experience
- Control loop theory and practice in the context of switch-mode power supplies
- Good understanding of international EMC and electrical safety regulations and circuit techniques to achieve compliance at minimal BOM cost
- Proficiency with software tools such as Matlab, Mathcad, Simplis/Simetrix, PLECs
- Familiarity with digital circuit design, microcontrollers, FPGA prototyping and Verilog programming
- Bachelors or Masters- degree in electronics or electrical engineering with strong analytical and practical skills
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience in the new product development/definition and 5 years in managing a team of engineers.