Senior Consultant at Experis ManpowerGroup India
Views:818 Applications:208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Logistics - Auto/Auto Ancillary (15-23 yrs)
Opportunity with an Organization of Repute
Designation : Logistics Manager
Location : Anywhere in South (Bangalore / Hyderabad / Chennai)
Experience : 15 yrs +
Qualification : Graduate
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
This is very much a hands on role, so expect to be doing everything that you would expect your team to do - from unloading vehicles through to cycle counting and inventory planning.
The Logistics Manager shall support the Data Center Operations team in India with maintaining, receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations of parts, consumables and other supplies by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures. Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, Health & Safety and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation as applicable; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- The data center operations team will safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols. Working with Procurement and other regional Logistics Manager- s, the data center operations team control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling with inventory management tools.
- They also maintain the physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement. work in a high security environment with sensitive equipment and maintaining this security and accountability will be the primary task.
- Logistics manager is responsible for the security and tracking of parts within the warehouse. Logistics manager is wholly responsible for the safety, development and well-being of their staff.
- He / she will be responsible for complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results, maintain warehouse staffing levels by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- He / she will be responsible to maintain warehouse staff productivity and goals by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. He / She will contribute to continuous process improvements to deliver on our goals of high availability and low cost. He / she maintain up-to-date metrics dashboards and will create reports for management as required.
- Ideally, He / she will also have knowledge of import / export requirements for India and have a good working knowledge of in country distribution processes.
Basic qualifications :
- Must hold a recognized third level professional qualification in their field or be able to clearly demonstrate relevant industry experience.
- Able to read and take direction in English
- Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances
- May participate in group lifts of 50 pounds or more
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
Preferred qualifications :
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Must hold a recognized third level professional qualification in their field
- Strong understanding of distribution warehousing practices
- Knowledge of IT Industry Logistics would be an advantage
- Experience using metrics to perform analyses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with producing process documentation
- Punctuality; excellent organizational skills for orderliness; and ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure department objectives are met.
- Demonstrated positive work attitude & leadership skills
- Commitment to a culture of safety & security