Manager - Logistics - Oil & Gas (10-12 yrs)
Job Purpose :
- Lead the Logistics team and function based in Mumbai to create value and competitive advantage
- Organize and optimally manage all logistics processes and practices in the distribution of LPG. This includes the primary logistics to our bottling plants and secondary to our B2B customer Viz: Commercial and Auto LPG Stations for all bulk and packed products.
- The overall objective of the function is the optimal management, control, organization and continuous strategic improvement of the logistics processes (receiving, distribution and returns logistics), systems and their organization for all LPG transported from our various sourcing points to the bottling plants and to B2B customers in India
- Job responsibility includes Supply Planning, Contract / Transporter Management
Major Accountabilities :
- Central responsibility for all operational and strategic logistics, storage and transport activities with regard to costs, quality and service performance as well as compliance with all legal and operational instructions including compliance to PATROM
- Ensure, monitor, meet and improve KPI targets for performance, cost, service and quality to internal and external customers.
- Selection and qualification of suppliers and partners from the logistics and forwarding sector and the further development of our logistics network.
- Communication with external service providers and customers as well as the conclusion of, freight and other logistics agreements and their monitoring in coordination with CPO
- Actively participate in global and regional improvements projects towards process-, costs- and performance optimization
- Drive the continued analysis, optimization, development and implementation of logistics concepts. This includes but is not limited to distribution process design, redesign, optimization, and standardization.
- Drive the discipline of continuous evaluation and review the company's logistics operations business practices, update and develop process documentation, streamline opportunities, and eliminate non-value-added activities through various methods like Kanban, Milk Run, value-stream analysis;
- Ensure timely delivery of LPG to bottling plants and end customers;
- Manage all storage and transport activities in consideration of cost, quality, service and compliance with all statutory, regulatory and operational requirements;
- Drive quality assurance processes and procedures;
- Ensure the development, implementation, review and monitoring of adequate internal controls within the logistics processes and practices;
- Drive performance of the logistics team through proper performance target-setting, performance review, feedback and coaching;
- Drive the development and cultivation of positive business relationships with the company's logistics vendors; and customer & vendor performance reviews in order to identify service and revenue improvement opportunities and to manage costs;
- Establish and maintain contacts with authorities and their affiliated institutions regarding movement of goods and the documentation requirements resulting from it;
- Develop and manage the operational budget and all related fiscal forecasting and planning activities.
Ideal Background :
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering, ideally with specialization in Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Several years of experience and disciplinary management experience both in logistics as well as in the transport environment with knowledge of the forwarding market, customs hazardous goods regulations and common export and import regulation
- 10+ years of experience in the area of internal/external logistics as well as leadership experience, preferably in the handling of transport of Petroleum products
- Analytical thinking and structured approach of problem-solving
- Strong negotiating skills and high level of assertiveness
- Good communication skills
- Possess power of persuasion, perseverance as well as entrepreneurial thinking and action
- Very good knowledge of logistics and Hazardous cargo handling market