Vice President at Datamatics Staffing Services
Views:212 Applications:20 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Manager - New Product Design - Manufacturing (4-9 yrs)
Greetings from Datamatics Staffing Services Ltd
We are a professionally managed Recruitment Selection Firm, with over 40 years experience in building successful careers and successful organisations. (visit us at www.datamaticsindia.com for more information).
We have an immediate opening matching your profile with one of our Clients in Mumbai
Manager- Product Design and Development
3. Ceiling Fan / MG-WG - B.E. in Mechanical Engg with strong Engg fundamentals and 5+ years of experience. Candidates should be good in Plastic parts designs with good mathematical engg fundamentals.
5. TPW Fan - B.E. in Mechanical Engg with strong Engg fundamentals and 5+ years of experience. Candidates should be from TPW Fan Industry with good mathematical engg fundamentals.
Job purpose & Scope
We are looking for a New Product Design specialist who will be responsible for taking up NPD projects and deliver them for manufacturing. The successful candidate will be able to work on new product development right from market requirement till commercial production of projects ensuring quality of the designs.
Major Areas of Responsibilities :
Work on New product development projects, right from concept discussion with marketing, identification of system architecture, deriving specifications to meet customer expectations, design, and help development teams arrive at the required product solution.
- Help Supply Chain team towards defining and assessing specifications of key components from external stakeholders like component suppliers, sub system suppliers
- Identify design firms, tool rooms, moulding houses which could be helpful and liaison with them
- Ensure project timelines and deliverables
- Identify key parameters by designing them optimally using design calculations, simulations at system level. Work on system design using pressure vessel design fundamentals.
- Own DFMEA/ DVPR actions for the projects undertaken and liaison with QA and other stakeholders for ensuring the tools are used for the qualitative outcome of the projects
- Understand compliances concerning to the product categories being handled and design solutions to meet them
- Undertake design reviews, prototype development and reviews and use the observations in design changes
- Understand design change requests, implications on performance and propose pros and cons of implementation
- Refine specifications with tolerances, basis help from statistical tools and CTQs identified during DFMEA
- Develop and Review drawings being released for manufacturing
Should have experience in executing design and engineering of projects of Pressure cookers, inner and outer lids. Candidate from pressure vessel industry can also be considered for review.
Should have experience in executing design and engineering of projects of Gas Stoves, with metal frame, glass top from similar industry
Essential Qualification : ME / BE / MTECH - Mechanical
Desired Qualification :
Experience : 8- 12 years of experience
Industry Preference : Gas Stove industry, Combustion industry, burner industry
Functional Competencies :
1. Creo Software (hands on). SolidWorks
2. DFMEA, PFMEA, KAPA etc and NPD processes
3. AUTOCAD (hands on)
4. Plastic, sheet metal, rubber product design
5. Fundamentals of GDT, DFMEA, Satistical tools
6. Manufacturing processes
7. Indian and International Compliance understanding in consumer space and lighting space
Location : Mumbai