Manager - Operation Proces Engineering - Integration/Photovoltaic Manufacturing (11-20 yrs)
1. Position Manager, Operations (Process) Engineering - Integration
2. Business Uni :-Photovoltaic (PV) Manufacturing
Location:- Jamnagar, Gujarat (India)
Immediate Supervisor HOD/ Senior Manager, Operations (Process) Engineering - Cells & Modules
3. Role/ Job Summary :
The Manager, Operations (Process) Engineering - Integration will be responsible to drive the cell & module integration process improvement, process yield, product efficiency and KPI enhancement activities in the plant by implementing best known methods. He/ she will work closely with the other department functions to define all the necessary process, equipment configuration and control procedures to meet product functionality, quality and reliability requirements. He/ she will be self-motivated and with good ethics and dedication to be a part of engineering team working on strategic ambition to be the world leading solar cell and module manufacturer.
4. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Process Engineering activities in the cell and module plants and drive for continuous improvement by implementing best known practices.
- Responsible for cultivating a safe work mindset & culture in the plant. Reduce process safety risks and comply to the safety and environmental regulations.
- Responsible for defining and sustaining process control limits and product specifications to enhance process robustness and product reliability.
- Drive qualification and in-depth data analysis on new process/ material improvements for enhancing cell efficiency/ module power. Ensure product reliability while new changes are implemented.
- Establish systematic problem solving and critical thinking approach to achieve continuous improvement using Six Sigma tools.
- Collaborate with material suppliers and equipment vendors to realise synergy in continuous improvements. Drive Process yield improvement and reduce material consumption & process cycle time to achieve cost competitiveness
- Motivate and lead team of Process engineers in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality & process stability using Six-Sigma, Gemba, Kaizen or similar applicable methodology.
- Engage and lead team towards Industry 4.0. focusing on AI, ML and data analytics
- As an individual contributor, may be accountable for projects/programs as well as developing methods and parameters, project methodology and/or project proposals.
- Coach, mentor and conduct training for targeted organizations on Process and Engineering matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Duties will vary according to the project progress and/or the specific goals of the organization.
- Responsible for succession plan for Process Engineering organization including talent identification and career planning.
- Must be willing to take additional responsibilities as and when needed by the management.
5. Required Qualifications, Competence & Skills
- Bachelor's degree or above in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Material/ Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 8-10 years working experience leading Process Engineering function in Solar Module manufacturing, Electronic or Semiconductor Assembly industries.
- Knowledge in Semiconductor/ module assembly processes
- Strong knowledge and experience in process control & new process development methods
- Soldering and polymer encapsulation process knowledge is desirable
- PECVD, PVD, Diffusion, Wet process knowledge is desirable
- PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DOE (Design of Experiments), Fish-Bone Analysis, SPC (Statistical Process
Control), problem solving methodology
- Familiar with Industry 4.0 concepts
- Strong technical analysis competency with the use of analytical tools like JMP, Mini-Tab for troubleshooting and data-mining
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and lead team under pressure
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Demonstrate Good presentation, team-building and communications skills
People & Leadership Skills
- Dynamic & committed with proactive working attitude
- Able to motivate and inspire people, Good Team Player
- Good coaching and mentoring skills
- Talent retention and management
- Strategic thinking and goal setting for Engineers
6. Additional Advantageous Skills
- Ability to perform software simulations using JMP/ MATLAB or other simulation software
- Knowledge of Electrical characterization and physical characterization/ Failure Analysis tools for systematic troubleshooting and improvement.
- Practitioner of 7 Habits of effective people
- Knowledge and experience in process and data analytics automation
7. Other Requirements
- Must be willing to work in cleanroom environment