Manager - Photovoltaic Manufacturing (10-18 yrs)
1. Position Manager, Manufacturing - Modules
2. Business Unit Photovoltaic (PV) Manufacturing
Location Jamnagar, Gujarat (India)
Immediate Supervisor HOD/ Senior Manager, Manufacturing & Equipment - Modules
3. Role/ Job Summary
The Manager, Manufacturing - Modules will be responsible for the manufacturing function of the Company's PV module plant supporting the strategic ambition to be the world's leading solar cell and module producer.
4. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for volume, cost improvement, HSE, quality improvement, productivity improvement and running of the shift production teams.
- Oversee the SMT (Self-Managed Teams)/ TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) activities, drive for continuous improvement by implementing up-to-date methods, to achieve the manufacturing goals set.
- Responsible to implement line operational procedures, and ensure compliance with corporate requirements and procedures.
- Drive lean methodologies with efficient manufacturing system to achieve high productivity.
- Maintain optimum utilization of resources and constantly review methods of WIP (Work-In-Progress) management and production flow.
- Drive daily line sustaining troubleshooting on process and quality related issues.
- Lead and participate in key project such as cost reduction, yield improvement, Cpk (Process Capability Index) improvement, new product/ process development, new machine qualification, process optimization, throughput improvement and new material evaluation/ qualification.
- Lead and improve MES (Manufacturing Execution System) with Industry 4.0 concepts.
- As an individual contributor, may be accountable for projects/ programmes as well as, developing methods and parameters, project methodology and/ or project proposals.
- To approve RA (Risk Assessment) and implement to all EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) related rules and procedures in compliance to the EHS policy.
- Coach, mentor and conduct training for targeted organizations on the manufacturing systems.
- Succession planning for organization.
5. Required Qualifications, Competence & Skills
Education, Qualification & Experience - Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Physics / Manufacturing / Chemistry
- Minimum 7-10 years working experience in the field of Manufacturing
- Possess production hands-on experience in production line planning, production control, engineering methods for process controls, input / output balancing, FIFO methodology, cycle-time management, productivity improvement, TPM and line staffing
- Exposure to fast paced manufacturing environment in MNC is advantageous
- Working experience in Solar or Semiconductors manufacturing industry preferred
- Knowledge on Solar or Semiconductor process flow and manufacturing system with Industry 4.0
- Track records of cost reduction achievement
- Hands-on experience with plant start-up & Lean Production System development preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skill, good presentation, team-building and communications
- Must be highly energetic and have the drive to get things done ahead of plan.
- Knowledge of tools and methodologies like SPC (Statistical Process Control), TOPS (Team-Oriented Problem Solving), FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis), DOE (Design of Experiments), Fish-Bone Analysis, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), etc.
- Skills and abilities to perform job include: analytical communication, presentation skills, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, interpersonal skills, exercises mature judgment, as well as, independently; ability to influence other people.
- High fluency in both spoken and written English
Leadership - Passionate to work with people
- Able to energize, motivate and inspire people
- Good coaching, mentoring skills and balancing of manpower resources
- Strong performance appraisal skills
1. Additional Advantageous Skills
- Interpersonal effectiveness - Build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization and outside the organization that are based on mutual trust and respect
- Dynamic & committed with a proactive working attitude
- Strong passion for improvement, organizational, analytical and interpersonal & people skills