Consultant at Works Consultancy
Views:141 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Manager - Procurement (10-12 yrs)
- Responsible for leading the Purchase Department in procuring required materials for the Company manufacturing and operations.
- Establish key performance metrics to ensure on-time delivery of quality materials/products.
- Source and qualify new potential suppliers from local and overseas market
- Establish long term category and spend management strategies and lead the execution of these strategies
- Conduct supplier performance evaluation, updating performance and communicate feedback
- Develop sourcing strategies and strengthen the supply chain. Develop competitive sourcing strategies to strengthen the supply Chain, actively engage suppliers, professionally negotiate contracts and resolve performance issues.
- Manage purchasing budgets and procurement reports.
- Establish long term cost reduction goals.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders understanding requirements and gaining buy-in.
- Focus primarily on the TCO of all projects, in keeping with the business' 5-year plan and goals on sustainability
- Coordinating with stores/Quality/Production for any delay/quality correction in material.
- Risk Management - identifying, mitigating & monitoring risk.
- Responsible for Purchasing SOP, regular review & update the relevant SOP according to the latest process.
- Provide strategic planning direction, guidance and supervision to the team on timely, cost-effective procurement, delivery, inventory control and planning of factory direct & indirect requirement support.
- Knowledge of contract terms, applications and legal requirements, including the ability to read, edit and interpret contractual documents. Ability to explain requirements contained in agreements
- Tendering and Tender negotiations with knowledge of Reverse Auction will be of an added advantage
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments / Project Engineers in order to forecast / plan and meet the targets
- Maintaining purchasing information such Vendor performance, capabilities, etc.
- Regular vendor revaluation for timely delivery/quality improvement/ inventory control.
Track new technologies & trends in the domestic & global arena. Keep abreast of market conditions, new developments and techniques of manufacture.
Implement latest strategy and process for achieving uninterrupted supply chain at best price and for best quality. Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Minimum 10 years- experience in purchase/supply chain and material procurement.
- Preferably with Plastic industry background with minimum 7+ Years- Experience.
- Has very good process and system know-how in multiple Supply Chain processes.
- A self-starter who needs minimal supervisory control
- Must possess an eye for detail and strong analytical acumen.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment and setting up system & processes from scratch is must.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior negotiation skills and ability to influence key stakeholders
- Candidates with knowledge of Non Woven industry will be an added advantage
- B.E. / B.Tech Mechanical / MBA in Supply Chain
Top 3 Mandatory Skills: Purchase of Engineering, Electrical, Civil, and manage projects
Minimum Relevant Experience: Preferably with Plastic industry background
Education/qualification: B.E. / B.Tech Mechanical / MBA in Supply Chain
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.