Manager - Procurement - B2B Pharma Chain (6-7 yrs)
Take your career to new heights working alongside some of the best financial and business experts from the pharma industry.
Our client is a generic pharma chain that partners with medical stores so make medicines easily available and affordable for many Indians. Their app helps consumers to save lacs of rupees by giving them awareness of and access to lower cost generic medicines instead of expensive branded ones. Their aim is to bridge the gap between affordable and expensive brands, and make them available to every citizen of India.
The startup is co-founded by 2 very professional and entrepreneurial experts who bring with them more than 2 decades of business, financial and consulting skills. The chain is currently spread across cities in North India like Jaipur, Delhi and Chandigarh. They have helped more than 5 lakh consumers from these cities to save on their medicine expenses by nearly 50 to 80%. Their app also allows the medicine store owners to actively track their business and earn better revenue through data analytics.
As a Procurement Manager, you will supervise day-to-day operations in the Procurement Department, scale-up and manage procurement, virtual warehouse and distribution processes.
What you will do :
- Following procurement processes as per guidelines
- Strategizing and implementing efficient processes to ensure 100% order fulfilment on time.
- Ensuring promptness, accuracy in procurements and maintaining records of goods ordered, received and returns.
- Ensuring efficient demand servicing - Delivery @ stores, call centre, retailers, franchises etc.
- Evaluating potential vendors, negotiating and getting them registered as per set process.
- Maintaining good relationships with vendors / suppliers
- Regularly doing market research ensuring generic medicines range is enhanced from time to time.
- Maintaining accurate medicine master data base.
- Maintaining updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Liaising with new vendors and negotiating for the best deals whenever required
- Ensuring that the products and supplies are of high quality and as per set standards.
- Monitoring stock levels and placing orders as needed
- Working with internal team members ensuring speed and accuracy and performing other duties.
- Staying informed on the latest industry techniques and methods.
- Preparing training material and conduct regular training to all team members of Supply Chain Management.
- Preparing regular reports and ensuring timely update to management.
What you need to have :
Qualification : Professional Degree
Experience : 6-7 years of Procurement experience of Medicines (mandatory) / FMCG products
Age : 28 - 35
Pharmacy Knowledge - Medicine, Generic Medicines and FMCG items
- Market Orientation / Vendor Knowledge
- Ability to negotiate
- Computer Knowledge