Director at Achievers Human resources
Views:414 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:50
Manager - Procurement - Packaging Material (7-12 yrs)
Required Manager Sourcing -Packaging Materials in SRF Ltd. for its chemicals Business Division to be based at Gurgaon
Position/Department: Manager - Strategic Sourcing
Business & Location: Fluorochemicals Business, Gurgaon
Reporting to: Chief Manager - Sourcing & Procurement
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities
1. Price/contract negotiation and strategic approval
- Engage in active price negotiation with vendors/suppliers to source packaging items at competitive rates.
- Negotiate prices and contracts (as defined) keeping in mind the market scenario, company budget, strategic needs of the units.
- Finalization of contract with shipping line and transporter
2. Market Research and process improvements
- Identify and analyze strategic alternatives by building market intelligence/sources for packaging.
- Generation of MIS.
3. Identify and develop new vendors for Packaging
- Techno-commercial evaluation of vendors
- Recommend strategy for shortlisting suitable vendors
- Negotiate commercials contract with identified vendor
- Price/contract negotiation and strategic approval in consultation with Head-Strategic Sourcing.
- Ensure procurement activities are in line with standard procurement processes and procedures.
4. Inventory Management
- Planning and reviewing of dispatch schedule
- Ensure no stock out
- NPA reduction through process improvement and implementing min-max for regular items
5.Relationship management with vendors and complaint resolution
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers/ transporters
- Files claims for shortages and damages.
- Collects relevant supporting documents for filing claims with the insurance company
6. Statutory and Regulatory compliance
- Develop an understanding of requirements of Indian and international statutes (PESO, CIL, Custom rules etc) and regulations governing packaging material to ensure due compliance in the development stage and there after.
7. Internal Audit/IMS Audit/Customer Audit
- Handling internal audit and timely submission of response against queries/information
- Handling IMS audit, periodically reviewing and implementing changes if required in IMS documents
- Represent sourcing team in SA8000 /Walmart FCCA - Responsible Sourcing Audit
Educational Qualification: Engineer and/or MBA (Operations/Supply Chain)
Nature of experience: Packaging, material (domestic and import), Market Intelligence, Product value chain knowledge & Supply Chain in Chemicals/Petrochemicals and related industries
Duration of experience: 7 - 10 years
Role specific competencies: Negotiation, Planning & Execution, Compliance, Analysis and Problem Solving, Achievement orientation, Quality orientation