Manager - Production - API Industry (9-18 yrs)
Manager Production - API Industry - GMP
Job Description :
Job Title : Manager Production
Job Location : Hyderabad (Sangareddy)
Department : Production
Reports to : Plant Head
Job Objective :
- This position is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day manufacturing operation activities of Block B & C and deliver the manufacturing outcomes as per the plan & customer requirement.
- Production Manager is accountable for planning and overseeing the entire production activities to ensure overall customer satisfaction by maintaining right quality standards at the desired cost & on time delivery in full (OTIF). The person has to ensure adherence to highest standards of GMPs, Plant & Process Safety and focus on continual improvement by utilizing the lean manufacturing tools.
- This position has responsibility of developing and maintaining a highly motivated team to achieve excellence.
Job Role :
1. Coordination with supporting departments such as warehouse/Quality control/Quality Assurance/Engineering/Safety & Environment.
2. Arranging for Preparation of BPRs/Review of BPRs for manufacturing intermediates and APIs.
3. Responsible for making arrangements for various domestic/ customer and regulatory audits.
4. Responsible for production planning and inventory control.
5. Coordinate the Raw material and packing material procurement and Dispatch of finished product as per plan.
6. Responsible of safe operations and follows the safety protocol while executing plant operations.
7. Responsible for Shift schedule and arranging the shift manpower and their attendance control.
8. Coordination with EHS department for ensuring Environment, Health and safety of plant.
9. Planning and delivering Training to subordinates and shop floor personnel as per the training schedule. (in accordance with cGMP)
10. Coordination with PRD in order to have improvements in terms of quality and yield and cost control of the products.
11. Responsible for Material balance of Raw material stock / work in process and finished goods.
12. Responsible for managing people & people developmental initiatives through
a. Control on Over time & proper planning in allocation of resources
b. Monitoring of people performance & responsible for Mid-Year, yearly appraisal
c. Continuous guiding & mentoring of the team leaders for better effectiveness
d. Leading daily briefing of team leaders through tool box meeting
e. Ensuring manpower planning effectively & managing leave approvals
f. Taking care of training Matrix and ensuring continuous people development
g. Driving the Reward & Recognition programs.
Job Qualification : BE / B.Tech (Chemical Engineer)
Job Experience : 10 to 12 years of working experience in API industry.
Desired attributes :
Technical / Functional :
- Must have worked in multiproduct plant.
- Must have exposure to production scale up and technology transfer.
- Must have strong experience for maintaining the requisite high Quality as per GMP Standards & guaranteeing customer satisfaction
- Hands on experience of using modern manufacturing principles & methodology (lean manufacturing)
- Broad & comprehensive understanding of industrial safety standards
- Good understanding of product manufacturing in Regulatory environment.
- Detailed knowledge on Problem Solving tools & methodology (8D, fish bone, why-why etc.)
- General understanding on cost control initiatives
- Awareness on Quality Management systems
- High on energy and ready to take self-initiatives in driving a team.
- Strong problem solving ability & logical approach
- High degree of planning and coordination
- High people orientation with Leadership capabilities to lead a team
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skill
- High on result orientation