Manager - Purchase (3-5 yrs)
Job Description :
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures as per ISO 9001 and IATF 16949.
- Locate, Develop, Onboard and manage vendor relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc
- Represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with vendors based on the market insight & offered quotes.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future product availability.
- Ensure that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Prepare cost estimates and manage budgets.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances
- Analyze, guide and present overall trends of purchases
- Explore & implement new processes to improve efficiency & effectiveness of procurement function.
- Understand the current and anticipated demand [Rolling forecast & Business Plan], develop plans, inventory estimates, and schedules to ensure efficient procurement.
- Create avenues for cost control with a focus on process re-engineering.
- Ensure CAPA closure in case of rejection/RMA
- Develop alternate vendors and control cost. Work with engineering teams for alternate vendor approval.
- Responsible for the related logistics [Hire & ensure services of C&F & surveyor agents] contracts.
Expected Skills :
- Knowledge of GST, HSN and SAC codes.
- Ability to negotiate with the vendor to arrive at prices
- Strong working knowledge in the Manufacturing sector
- Team player who coordinates with the concerned team to get the work done
- basic knowledge of import & export procedure