Senior Manager at EDGEHUNT SEARCH
Views:225 Applications:33 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Purchase - Automotive (7-13 yrs)
Job Description :
- Commodity knowledge - Steel, Sheet metal, Hydraulics, Proprietary items (Castings, Forgings, Fasteners, Rubber & Plastics)
- Service contracts for Purchased services (eg.: housekeeping, contractual labour, security etc.)
- New supplier identification & assessment
- Stores management, in-bound and outbound logistics
- New product development process with suppliers including Non-disclosure agreement, RFQ, Zero-based costing (ZBC), Negotiation and price finalization
- Part development process following supplier audit with QA team, APQP, PPAP and production regularization.
- Sourcing - regular follow up with suppliers for procurement, delivery and feedback to Suppliers through score cards (Quality, Cost, Delivery and other attributes)
- Compilation and following of Share of Business (SOB) in a structured format with suppliers based on ratings
- Delivery, follow-up and monitoring the supplier dynamics through excellent relationship and market intelligence. SWOT analysis and alternate sourcing for strategic reasons and cost competence
- Documentation - EMS/IATF/QMS, Monthly report preparation
- Export / Import process - handling of entire activity from RFQ to material procurement and delivery
- Handle OPEX (Operational expenditure) budget and CAPEX (Capital expenditure) budget items by getting approval from Cross Functional teams and management.
- Preparation of purchase budget and report - monthly / yearly
- Defining, Finalizing, monitoring and control of departmental KPI and its documentation
- Cost control - Identify opportunities for cost saving through VA/VE, alternate sourcing and negotiations.
- BE / BTech in mechanical Engineering with 7-8 Years of experience in Purchase or procurement.
- Good scores (average 60%) throughout the career.
- Experience in sheet metal and proprietary product
- Fluency in MS- Office, ERP Software knowledge
- Expertise in advance Excel and Powerpoint
- Fluency and command over spoken and written English
- Experience working in an International organization in the last 5 years
- Working knowledge on ERP in Supply Chain
- Master's Degree
- Work experience with an International company in the Auto / Agriculture farm tractor industry
- Knowledge on IATF requirements for Supply Chain
- Ability to mentor and coach the team and lead from the front
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to deal with sensitive issues, develop market or influence others inside and outside the organisation to take specific actions
- Sound analytical skills
- Willingness to travel extensively both in India and abroad