Manager - Purchase - Materials (10-12 yrs)
Position - Purchase Manager
Location - Navi Mumbai
CTC - As per Industry Standards
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Excels in managing Supply Chain functions like procurement, vendor development, inbound logistics, and ensuring delivery of the right product, with the right quality at the right time to effectively meet production/project requirements.
- Must be very well conversant in negotiating and purchasing MS and SS Plates from Manufacturers and traders. Also, should have hands-on knowledge of procuring Machining, Forging, Castings, Fabricated Components, Machined Parts, Bought-Out Items.
- Resourceful in techno-commercial activities like Bidding (RFQs), Purchase Orders, Service Level Agreements, Comparative Statements, and Budgeting and Vendor Payments in line with regulatory compliance.
- Drive cost savings through effective negotiations, alternate vendor development, and lead time reduction in coordination with other departments.
- Preparation of Annual budget & Strategy formulation for vendor baseline alliance.
- Cost reduction & control and finalizing the prices and terms & conditions for procurement, by using tools like Best price vendor, Clean sheet costing (Zero based costing), Renegotiation, total cost-based approach.
- Proficient in coordinating & expediting the flow of work & materials within or between departments of the establishment according to the production schedule.
- Successfully devised and executed supply chain and procurement strategies.
- Managing the materials inventory to make available the parts on time to assemble so that the project will be completed on the committed date.
- Manage sub-contractors and service providers including transporters.
- Carry out Annual Rate Contracts, Non-Discloser Agreements, etc. with vendors.
- Fortnightly, Monthly & Quarterly MIS reporting.
- Assessment of the performance of the vendors based on various criterions such as percentage for rejections, quality improvement rate, timely delivery, credit terms, etc.
- Techno - commercial negotiation with vendors for prices, delivery terms & payment terms, etc.
- Core Competencies: Capital goods Purchase, Contract/Order Finalization, Vendor Development & Management, Material Management
- Effective Leader with proven talent in mentoring teams and enabling knowledge-sharing amongst them problem-solver with strong analytical, negotiation & decision-making skills.
- B E Mechanical ( additional Diploma / Degree in Operations Management Or Materials Management will be preferred)
- Must have 10-12 years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of Various ERP Modules for Purchase Management .