Manager - Purchase - Oil & Gas (15-18 yrs)
Job Description :
1. Managing, Leading the entire supplier quality development related activities for supporting global requirements
2. Responsible for qualification and continual supplier improvement of a supplier base, which is optimally qualified in terms of production processes, based on Quality, Cost and Delivery aspects in alignment with material group.
3. Qualify, release and develop suppliers for optimal delivery performance to VT; Ensure qualification of supplier as required by industry (e.g. Automotive VDA, IRIS, ISO/TS 16949, ...)
4. Ensure that preventive actions for quality and delivery are in place
5. Ensure supplier qualification in terms of product, amount of parts, necessary processes, technologies and application of Q-methods (APQP, e.g. including quality planning, content of quality testing, part inspection, First Article Inspection etc.) by performing of assessments and process audits.
6. Release or block supplier according to defined criteria (e.g. safety, welding) and initiate blocked supplier process
7. Follow up defined measures and pursue continual supplier improvement
8. Provide expertise and consult in sourcing related issues (e.g. supplier selection)
9. Manage and monitor supplier performance by supplier evaluation based on quality and delivery KPIs (OTIF, Q-Rate) and implementation of suitable measures
10. Monitoring of required supplier certifications
11. Support/drive cost optimization projects
12. Escalation level for operative supplier quality issues and tracking of quality improvement plans
13. Support negotiations of quality agreements (QSV, QRL)
14. Support MGM in regular risk evaluation and special occasion.
Job Specification :
- Candidate should be an experienced, ambitious preferably with engineering industry, ideally experience with larger companies of MNC.
- He should have a thorough knowledge of material group management, particularly on supplier portfolio and performance.
- Candidate should be qualified with graduate in engineering preferably mechanical
- Candidate should have 15+ years of experience in the purchase / SCM, preferably the manufacturing of engineering products.
- Strong ability in handling vendors with adequate negotiation skills and engineering acquaintance on technical specifications
- Knowledge on SQA, quality systems and standards and process-related issues
Education : B.E/ B.Tech Full Time (Mechanical)