Manager - Quality - Cells/Photovoltaic Manufacturing (12-18 yrs)
1. Position Manager, Quality - Cells
2. Business Unit:- Photovoltaic (PV) Manufacturing
Location Jamnagar, Gujarat (India)
Immediate Supervisor HOD/ Senior Manager, Quality - Cells & Modules
3. Role/ Job Summary
The Manager, Quality - Cells will serve as the quality engineering team lead supporting the solar cell manufacturing operations. He/ she will work with his/ her team of engineers to drive total quality management. Strong engineering expertise and quality methodologies are expected must-haves in order to drive the Company's quality goals and also issue-resolution and prevention. He/ she will be the quality advocate for the team and business.
4. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Quality Reliability Assurance (Ops)
- Ensure that QMS (Quality Management System) is in place and functioning optimally for the assigned Business Unit(s).
- Drive continuous improvement in quality for dept and cross departments through mechanism such as ICAR, SPC (Statistical Process Control), SFM (SightBridge System for Management), FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), etc.
- Chair necessary material or product assurance platforms. Reviewer for disposition and recommendation on materials and products.
- Support Operations team working collaboratively for smooth running of production in quality assurance.
Site Quality Management System / ISO and Document Management
- Provide leadership in site QMS and sustaining to necessary certification
- Working with regional field teams to improve and drive quality goals in factory. This expected to be done by championing the quality requirement within the right understanding of business context.
Supplier Quality Management
- Conduct audits and reviews and ratings.
- Resolve conflicts in quality performance.
- Team manager and able to collaborate effectively with other departments.
1. Required Qualifications, Competence & Skills
Technical/ Professional - Bachelor's / Master's /Ph.D. in Engineering
- Trained & conversant in quality tools and or systems (E.g. ISO lead auditor)
- Knowledgeable & Application experience in reliability testing methods and approaches.
- Working experience in Solar/Semiconductor/Electronics manufacturing industry is advantageous.
People/ Relations - Ability to interface and communicate effectively with the cross-functional team as well as external stake holders and also external auditors.
2. Additional Advantageous Skills
- Having prior work experience in Quality and/ or Reliability
- Prior experience as MR (Management Representative) for ISO