Manager at Vector HR Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:183 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Manager - Research & Development - Vehicle Plastic Interio/Exterior Parts (6-12 yrs)
R&D Manager - Vehicle Plastic Interior / Exterior Parts
Location : Gurgaon Plant
Qualification : BE / B.Tech - Only FULL time
Expert in CATIA and Understanding of Simulations
Knowledge of DVP and Design calculations
Job Purpose :
- Expertise in the Exterior Body of 2Wheeler & 3Wheeler & Light commercial vehicle vehicles with in depth knowledge of Exterior and Interior. Experience in designing of Exterior body panels such as Exterior Panels, Dashboard, Seats, Windshield & panel etc.
- To design, modify/generate Class A surface of - interiors & Exteriors parts for 2W & 3W Vehicle & Light Commercial Vehicle
- Should have knowledge and experience in the development of Exterior body panels for the 2W / 3W vehicle / LCVs. Should have good knowledge in development of modular Platforms
- Should be able to select materials for Body components as per component requirement and design targets
- Expertise in advance surfacing, 3Dmodelling and 2D drawing, Component & system level GD & T in Catia V5 and release it through PLM
- Experience in manufacturing process of Body Interior and Exterior components
- Co-ordination with CAE groups / Testing & Validation for design optimization and co-relation process.
- Knowledge of 2W and 3W Homologation regulations
- In depth knowledge of Composite materials and process is required.
- Past experience in three wheeler industry is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Interim parts
- Experience of Mould flow analysis, manufacturability aspects of Composites
Role Responsibilities :
DVP/PFMEA/DFA/ DFMEA preparation :
- Preparing Component level test manuals
- Preparing vehicle level Test methodologies
- Design of Exterior and Interior plastic/composite parts
- Prepare calculation sheets for design / simulation/ perform quick FEA checks
- CAD modelling (3 D modelling and 2 D drawing) for Body - Interior & Exterior components.
Designing Systems/Sub systems and components :
- Designing Components as per vehicle level requirements adhering to CTQ requirements
- Study and support to simulation teams and incorporating feedback
- Study patent infringement for new design concepts
Development of components :
- Development of Body components with support of Development team and vendor development team
- Manufacturing issue resolution WRT designed parts
- Field failure problems resolutions
Skills and capabilities :
- Knowledge of advance surfacing, 3D modelling and 2D drawing in Catia V5
- Good understanding of DFM, DFA, DFMEA and GD&T.
- Knowledge of required manufacturing process in Body design.
- Exposure to Body CFD analysis software
- Good understanding of FEA analysis for Body parts
- Experienced in handling suppliers and internal/external customers