Founder & CEO at Smart Talent Consulting Services Private Limited
Views:131 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Manager/Senior Manager - Purchase - Auto/Auto Ancilary (15-20 yrs)
Client : Leading automotive components and precision-engineered products manufacturer HQ in South India.
The Role : Manager/Sr Manager - Purchase (Mechanical Parts)
Role expectations :
- Effective scheduling and ordering of materials in line with materials planning / PPC to meet production requirement.
- Indicating forecast to suppliers, releasing purchase orders considering supplier lead time.
- Ensuring availability of appropriate quantities of materials with safety stock and inventory management.
- Supplier performance rating and improvement in areas related to quality, delivery and service.
- Monitoring costs related to materials (Throughput increase, Waste elimination, VAVE etc.,), logistics, purchasing etc., towards continuous reduction / optimization.
- Revised pricing appropriately based on cost analysis.
- Monitoring and initiating swift action to avoid inventory getting into slow moving / non-moving.
- Budgeting, resource allocation and execution to accomplish Organizational/ Department goals.
- Effective coordination with all concerned departments, teams, individuals and suppliers.
- Relationship management towards improving supplier loyalty.
- Knowledge & experience in procurement of various commodities - Mechanical Commodities such as Sheet Metal, Die Casting, Turned parts, Plastic, Rubber, Proprietary, Machined, Consumables.
The person for the role :
- Diploma / Graduate / PG in Mechanical Engineering
- 15 to 20 years of automotive experience in materials function with minimum 5 years in the Managerial capacity.
- Key skills : Relationship Building With Vendors, Negotiation And Conflict Resolution, Inventory Management, Material Resources Management, Quality Control Analysis, Operations Analysis, Financial Analysis, Data Analysis.