Principal Consultant at Talent Source
Views:396 Applications:32 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager/Senior Manager - R&D - Pigments (8-10 yrs)
Hiring for Indian MNC leader in Pigments
Position: Manager /Sr. Manager - R&D (Analytical Lab Team Lead)
Qualification: Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry/Chemistry
Experience: 7 to 10 Years post Ph.D. (Preferably in Analytical Chemistry)
- Experience of handling XRD and NMR is a must.
- Method development, Method Validation, Method Transfer.
- Team handling experience.
Job Purpose : Lead development & ensure effective execution of analytical test methods for all stages of product development, while ensuring alignment with customer requirements and regulatory guidelines.
Key Responsibilities :
Strategy & Planning :
- Assist R&D head in formulating R&D department operating plan; Formulate Analytical Lab budget and ensure adherence to the same.
- Contribute to R&D strategic projects and provide updates on the analytical aspects of product performance & project planning.
Analytical Lab :
- Identify short & long term analytical lab requirements - procedures, equipment, materials, etc. and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to meet the same.
- Lead development of suitable analytical methods to cover all projected / targeted products in the pipeline.
- Oversee validation of method of analysis and ensure it complies will regulatory and other requirements; Review and approve methods of analysis that are developed.
- Conduct extensive analytical study to ensure comprehensive translation of performance characteristics of target product to chemical & physical requirements.
- Review analytical lab reports and ensure robust documentation of analytical related design inputs for NPD projects.
- Support R&D/Technical Services team in interacting with the customer on aspects related to the analytical testing; Participate in discussions with the customer, if needed.
- Drive synergies between lab analyst and technical R&D verticals; Ensure that there is seamless exchange of information across various stages of NPD projects.
- Oversee general maintenance of laboratory equipment and process adherence by lab chemists.
Support to QC :
- Oversee the transfer of analytical procedures to the QC team during the main plant scale up and commercialization stages.
- Ensure support to QC team for any analytical testing methods/ parameters, on need basis.
Continuous Improvement :
- Continuously track latest techniques and best practices for analytical method development, validation and transfer.
- Review analytical test methods (including infrastructure & processes) on a periodic basis and continuously improve testing process based on identified gaps and learning from industry best practices(no. of parameters tested, accuracy, time and equipment / resource requirement).
- Plan and conduct team reviews frequently and analyze all performance related parameters for analytical lab; Implement innovative measures to improve service levels and cycle time of lab output.
People Management :
- Develop employee capability and build functional excellence through various learning and development interventions.
- Assign work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; Assess team performance and provide feedback to lab analysts on continuous basis.
- Technical Services Team
- Technical R&D
- Regulatory R&D
- Vendors/ Agencies
- External domain specialists
Nature Of Experience Required : Strong Profile in Analytical Testing in Specialty chemicals, Preferably in Pigments, Paints, Dispersions & Additives, Pharma
Skills Required :
Function/ Technical :
- Understanding of various Analytical techniques
- Knowledge of all commonly used Analytical Instrumentation as well as recent developments in them
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of the regulatory guidelines and their implications on analytical testing